Advice Needed with purchase

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by boxerlover, Sep 8, 2013.

1. boxerlover

boxerlover New to Mu-43

Jan 19, 2010
    MA
    Betty
    Just sold my Sony Nex5N because I was sure I wanted an Olympus OMD but now I'm just not sure. My budget will be around $1000.00 or a little more. When looking at this site's gallery, is there an easy way to see the EXIF, sorry for my ignorance. I belong to a camera club, so shoot just about everything depending on what the competition subject is, use my D7100 most of the time, but really would like to have another smaller camera, with good IQ and need a viewfinder. Thanks for any help.

2. Dduval

Dduval Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2013
    Orlando, FL
    I just sold my nex 5n and got an oly PL5. And glad I did too. With your budget I would go with as cheap of body as you can and put as much money as you can in lenses.

With your requirement of a viewfinder, maybe check out the new panny GX7. Check the used market as well...I may add a VF2 viewfinder to my PL5 kit and still have only spent under $600.00... The PL5 and the PM2 (I think) have the exact sensor as the OMD E5 so image quality will be the same...

3. boxerlover

boxerlover New to Mu-43

Jan 19, 2010
    MA
    Betty
    Thanks, Dana. I always seem to have sellers remorse when I sell a camera that I really liked but I will check out your suggestions. I sometimes use the 'used' market and can say, the people I have bought from have always been honest and fair. Still leaning towards an Olympus. What stands out for you on the oly PL5 vs the 5N?

4. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    Yes, E-M5, E-PL5, E-PM2 and E-P5 all use the same sensor:smile:

5. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    boxerlover, unless the poster of the photo stripped the exif data it should be available. I use Chrome and their exif viewer works fine.