Advice Needed - To sell or not to sell

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
... You would get the same performance out of the same lenses on a DSLR... A camera relies on optics.

Unfortunately your choice of glass leaves much to be desired. Even good legacy glass can be disappointing if it has been dropped once too many times. The G3 is a very good camera, slap on a P14mm or a P20mm and that camera will shine.

Gary

spatulaboy

I'm not really here
Real Name
Vin
The money you spent on those three crappy lenses could have be used on a nice 50mm 1.4 lens. And you should have asked for advice sooner. :wink:

Also: If you don't want to buy/swap lenses, don't buy an interchangeable lens camera. It's like buying a sports car but you don't want to put sports tires on it caus you're too cheap. Makes no sense.

spinyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
My old G3 was a very favorite body of mine when I owned it and would buy it again today.I assume yours didn't come with the kit lens.A very cheap way to get good results from it is by getting a used kit lens for $75. It is a good versatile lens that you can have fun with without a big investment.Later you can sell it for no loss after you have adapted to the camera.

Chuck Pike

Mu-43 Veteran
The G3 is a great camera when used with the correct lens.

I am coming at this from having used Nikon equipment for over 40 years. Nikon never let me down, but cost a lot of money. Like so many, I thought I would give m 4/3 a try, and if it didn't work out I would sell the kit, but instead sold the Nikon gear. I liked the G3 so much, that when B&H dropped the price to $250 I bought a second one along with the 25 mm lens. If you are able to purchase good glass, you will keep those lens and you will move up to better cameras. The most important gear is the tack sharp lens that are out there. They shine so much more than the old lens that we used to use. It takes a while to learn how to get the most out of a camera.

Images for books, magazines and calendars | photosbypike

David

Mu-43 Veteran
I also wanted to add. After using my EPL1 for a while. I bought the Panasonic 14mm
and Olympus 45mm. You cant believe how good it is till you see the results.

Dont sell your G3. spend at least $under $ 200 for the 14mm and you will be amaze. The quality and sharpness will be better then your P& S camera.

Geos

Mu-43 Rookie
Panasonic DMC-G3 In-depth Review: Digital Photography Review
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 review | Cameralabs

I'm not clear what you're dissatisfied with - color, resolution? The G3 is probably the best bang for the buck in ILC cameras. It is certainly capable of very high quality but you'll never see the difference from a good P&S on a monitor or in prints smaller than 8x10. If you do want the highest quality possible, as others have suggested get quality lenses. Right up there with Leica quality are Contax G lenses at 1/10 the price. The 45mm f2 is particularly tempting.

Zeiss Sonnar T G 90 mm F 2 8 Lens for Contax G | eBay

Mogul

Mu-43 Regular
I have been using my G3 with the kit kens for several weeks now and am very satisfied. My pics are easily as good as those from my Canon 50D. I can't imagine switching. I will eventually add new lenses, but, right now, I think I have the best kit lens on the market.

acl38355

New to Mu-43
I agree that I should have asked for advice sooner, and I will plan on moving these lenses in the near future.

acl38355

New to Mu-43
Lens Analogy

The money you spent on those three crappy lenses could have be used on a nice 50mm 1.4 lens. And you should have asked for advice sooner. :wink:

Also: If you don't want to buy/swap lenses, don't buy an interchangeable lens camera. It's like buying a sports car but you don't want to put sports tires on it caus you're too cheap. Makes no sense.

I agree with the sports car analogy; I guess I was looking for a cheap set of Hankooks when I should have bought some Pirellis.

Latest threads

Top Bottom