1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

ADVICE: 360° video

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by SRHEdD, Mar 6, 2014.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I need to upload 360° videos to a web page to show up in a Google Earth search result. Like those Google earth does for seeing INSIDE a business. At the link below, click on "SEE INSIDE" at right, it goes to a virtual tour of inside the restaurant. I can see the camera they used, just not familiar with it. Anyone?

Here's an example: https://www.google.com/search?clien...cDnyDuf_nz-sv_15tuLJ_ns6P3HHx9u_QWYklR9TwIAAA

What camera is used? I need to buy one.

2. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Actually, stills would be fine, stitched together.

3. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    looks like a KRPano product using HTML5. You can use any camera on a pano head. I use my 5dii with a 17-40. The sigma diagonal fisheye is a very popular choice. If you happen to have the rockinon fisheye that would work very well. KRPano is PIA, Kolor's panotour pro uses it as an engine with nice SUPER easy to use dev tools. well, at least they used to? they just moved to 2.0 and I haven't used it, but it's still probably KRPano.

To get up and running as cheaply as possible I'd suggest the Rock and a Panosauraus rex with your current m4/3. If you have a FF, the Sigma. Upgrade your pano head if you end up doing them a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I was looking at their page, and it only OUTPUTS in Flash or a mobile format for iPhone or Android. Really? Just Flash? That's getting to be worrisome. I'd hate to invest in this only to find Flash isn't compatible with Google Earth/Maps in the future.

Is it really as simple as uploading the files and letting KRPano 2.0 do its work? Looks too easy...

5. Just Jim

Oct 20, 2011
    PTP 2.0 does have html 5 output, and Flash . That was the big ease of life update from 1.8, it also now includes the KrPano license used to be a separate purchase which you could use if you like coding (I do not, give me dem tools).

http://www.kolor.com/differences-panotour-pro-panotour-2-virtual-tour-software.html.

And it really is pretty simple, they have an active forum if you need help or discussion on making some extra tools beyond the basics. I don't use that feature, I just make some of these for some local realtors, designers and the like for some side money, they really only need the basics. However, it is pricey, 399 Euro +VAT isn't cheap for such a specific tool. You'll need to practice a bit too, getting the lighting down for what people want in these things is a royal pain, and getting the shoot done quickly. A stitching plug in will also be your best friend.

6. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Can you link me to one you've made?

7. Just Jim

Oct 20, 2011
    hmm... I'll PM you some info, I don't actually own them, once I sell them. I don't have 2.0 so you'll have to enjoy Flash, and most of them get taken down once they're sold. But you know, have a couple hanging around on the hard drive...