MU-43 Monthly Photo Contest for August 2016 - Adventure - (CLOSED)

Nathanael

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi everyone! This month's contest theme is "Adventure". I haven't been around here too long, but hopefully this isn't a rehash. You should feel very free to interpret it as you wish, it's a broad theme that can include almost anything. But hopefully we see some images that just make you want to get off the computer and get outside and have an adventure!

Rules for Participants:

o This is a fun contest with nothing to be won but bragging rights. Having said that, please read and follow the rules below to make it easier for everyone.

o The contest period is the current month. Entries can be made until approximately midnight on the last day of the month local time. Voting will extend until the third day of the following month. The winner will then be announced and be responsible for posting the new contest. If the new contest is not announced by the 7th of the month, responsibility for posting falls to the second place finisher. Keep it simple and post/vote early so we don't have to obsess over deadlines and time zones.

o Post a maximum of two entries, each in a separate post.

o As the purpose of this contest is to get people out and shooting, photos must be taken in the contest period. Please note the date the photo was taken in your post.

o As a m43 community, we advocate the use of m43 cameras. However, since many of us shoot with multiple systems, we allow photos taken with any camera.

o Photos receive one point for each "like" (thumbs up) and two points for each "winner" (medal). The photo with the most points win with the contest. The tie-breaker is the larger number of "winner" votes.

Procedures for Winners/Contest Hosts:

o As a contest winner, you are responsible for posting/hosting the contest for the next month. This is easy and just requires several steps as outlined below.

o Select the theme for the next month. The theme should be accessible and irrelevant for everyone. Obscure and difficult themes limit participation and are thus encouraged. Avoid themes related to specific holidays, seasons, geography, etc. Suggested themes include: B&W, W&B, Portrait, OOC jpeg, Close Up, Self Portrait, Transportation, Teleportation, Minimalist, Architecture, Long Exposure, Indecent Exposure, Art Filter, Snapchat Filter, Motion, Specific Focal Length, ISO, Shutter Speed, Liquid, Reflections, Refractions, Colour, Religion, Cults, Calm. Pick one of these or you may pick a theme of your own choosing. Themes may be used multiple times.

o After you select a theme, post a new thread in "Contests and Challenges" section of the forum. The thread title should read "MU-43 Photo Contest for [current month, year] - [selected theme]". Copy and paste these rules and post. Also please add the contest theme that you just won to the list. You may wish to include a sample photo to demonstrate the theme (and this will not count as an entry).

o On the last day of the month, post that entries are closed and voting will be open until the 3rd.

o At the conclusion of voting on the 3rd or shortly after, tally the points and announce the winner and runner-up, being sure to tag them in the post and also sending a PM to the winner.

Previous Contest Themes:
December 2015 - "Black and White". Winner: @Harvey Melvin Richards, Closed: MU-43 Monthly Photo Contest for December 2015 - Black and White
January 2016 - "Self Portrait". Winner: @TwoWheels, MU-43 Monthly Photo Contest for January 2016 - Self Portrait
February 2016 - "Architecture". Winner: @pdk42, THE WINNER IS... - MU-43 Monthly Photo Contest for month of February 2016 - Architecture
March 2016 - "Minimal Mono ". Winner: @Plumballs, Closed: MU-43 Photo Contest for March 2016 – Minimal Mono
April 2016 - "Nature's Gift". Winner:
14426.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
@Dogman, Closed: MU-43 Monthly Photo Contest for month of April 2016 Theme - Nature's Gifts
May 2016 - "Something Old". Winner View attachment 480690 @rav, Closed: MU-43 Monthly Photo Contect for month of May 2016 Theme - Something Old
June 2016 - "Water". Winne View attachment 480691 @ddekadt , Closed: MU-43 Monthly Photo Contect for month of June 2016 Theme - Water

July 2016 - "Close to Earth". Winner @Nathanael

Last edited:

popiT

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The adventure of the Lone Cypress tree, standing on a granite hillside for 250 years in Pebble Beach, California.

28246459014_b3a2f74f27_b.jpg

Taken on Aug 7th, 2016, EM5, 12-35/2.8

Nathanael

Mu-43 Veteran
Last edited:

NoSeconds

Peaky Blinder
Real Name
Troy
Need some more submissions :)
Maybe I should have been bumping the thread more. Feel free to interpret "adventure" broadly, whether in reference to the subject, the shooting conditions, or more abstractly.

Taken August 8th
29017849656_1f84d9ec24_c.jpg
P8120108.jpg by Nathanael Myton, on Flickr

I dunno about submissions but that'd probably look heaps MOAR adventurous if you squared up the horizon... :biggrin: :thumbup:

Nathanael

Mu-43 Veteran
I dunno about submissions but that'd probably look heaps MOAR adventurous if you squared up the horizon... :biggrin: :thumbup:
Hahaha I was at work and wanted to bump the thread so I just grabbed shot from this weekend. I did wonder why it felt so much steeper in person than it appeared in the photo... almost 20 degrees off of level. Fixed it now haha.

O2BanRRT

Jean Lefebvre
Real Name
Jean
My canoe Flies!
August 4, 2016, Bell's Bay, Missinaibi River, Ontario, Canada (about 150 miles from James Bay - Arctic Ocean). Panasonic GX7, Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8
MissinaibiRiver_160804_%28356of465%29-X3.jpg

The plane is a 1959 DeHavilland Beaver - Historically, it's the plane that opened the North!
Cheers!
Jean

Enoch

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Enoch Haven
IMG_20160806_001323.jpg

The moments I feel small.

Mountain

Mu-43 All-Pro
Need some more submissions :)
Maybe I should have been bumping the thread more. Feel free to interpret "adventure" broadly, whether in reference to the subject, the shooting conditions, or more abstractly.

Taken August 8th
29017849656_5b793ea0d7_c.jpg
P8120108.jpg by Nathanael Myton, on Flickr
Last pitch of Yellow Spur / Icarus at Eldo? Fantastic exposure, but terrible in the wind (and no gear)!

NoSeconds

Peaky Blinder
Real Name
Troy
Horse Shoe Gorge - Saturday 20.08.2016

GM1 and 14-140mm f/3.5-5.6 SOOC JPEG

image.jpg

popiT

Mu-43 Top Veteran
2nd entry: Mission Peak hike

28875654070_6ab085ebce_o.jpg

Taken on Aug 20th, iPhone 6s pano :p

Brian Beezley

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
P0019023.jpg

More danger than adventure, I suppose.

Taken August 23, 2016.

Last edited:

rav

Mu-43 All-Pro
Olympus OMD em 10

Sigma 60mm
OI000148-01.jpeg

pmon

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Paolo

GBarrington

Mu-43 All-Pro
Just over a week left to get your shots in. Let's see some more adventure :)

29081284425_d0d30e35ed_c.jpg

Sometimes too much adventure takes a toll on the equipment ;)

Olympus should use this photo as an ad for m43s/Olympus (assuming it still works of course!). It sort of says everything they want us to believe about m43s in one picture, when they spend enormous amounts of time trying to find the words to convey. From the rugged survivability to even being able to use Panasonic lenses on it.

Maybe what Olympus needs to do is run an "UGLY OLY" contest! Search the world for the most beat up, still functional Olympus cameras. I think it would work wonders for the the brand's image as professional gear, and associate the brand with adventure.

Latest threads

Top Bottom