1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

Adorama E-P3 kit - $349

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by madogvelkor, Jun 23, 2013.

1. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    What is or was the 'regular' price for this kit?
    Seems like a great m4/3 starter kit.

2. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    very tempting indeed.... found a refurb one for $299 but body only... for $50 more and brand new, this is an excellent deal

3. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Used can be had in the $250s or less!

4. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter Subscribing Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    It's a buyer's market for E-P3s these days. The folks who buy premium PENs are pre-ordering their E-P5s. I just bought a used E-P3 and it's very nice. It didn't improve autofocus speed as much as I'd hoped, compared to my E-PL2, but the color rendition is very good.

5. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    At this price, it's almost too good to pass up. It even makes me reconsider the EP5 since at $1k for the body, you have to wonder how long before the price comes down since the msrp for the EP3 was $899 . I know it's a model year older but at over 50% off msrp for a good camera, it's an excellent value.

6. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    Well, I pulled the trigger on this one... the only hard part was deciding between a silver or black one... my pany 14mm is grey and the Oly 40-150 is silver... oh well, I decided to go with the black one... hope it gets here by Friday for me to get familiar with it..... now try to scour ebay for a viewfinder... vf-2 or vf-3

7. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Just curious - why are people getting this instead of the cheaper Gx1 that has a better sensor?

8. brianb032

brianb032 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2011
    N.Carolina
    Just on top of my head, I would say better LCD, IBIS, better JPEGs, better skintones, live highlight blinkies. And this is coming from someone who has owned both. Although the sensor on the E-P3 isn't that great and can get blotchy in low-light, you quickly realize that sensor model isn't everything.

9. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    there could be as many different reasons as their tastes in cameras. Viva la difference! :drinks:

10. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    here are my reasons in taking the EP3 over the GX1 (which i seriously considered)....
    1. ergonomics - I've been able to handle an EP3 and I like how it's laid out.... fn buttons as well as the dials are very intuitive. not able to try out a GX1 but by the looks of it, it's limited to the d pad and a few buttons...
    2. Build quality - I was fairly impressed with the build quality of the EP3 as far as heft and construction. The feel of the materials are a good indication to me that it will last for a while... my only experience is with a Pana G3 and it was fairly plasticky to me.
    3. OLED screen - again, it's just a really nice screen considering the price.... touch screen as well (not sure if the GX1 is)....
    4. IBIS - I'm mainly going to use this as a travel compliment to the Fuji x100s... I've already allocated an Oly 40-150 lens for it and I'm certain that the IBIS would be a welcome feature when it's stretched out to the max focal length
    5. Lastly, Brand loyalty - I've had an EPL1 and an OMD and I'm quite familiar with the quirky menus of Olympus.... I like their colors (in jpg) and am very comfortable in how maleable their raw files are....

11. fishburp

fishburp New to Mu-43

Jun 27, 2013
    If you bought this for $349, it has since dropped to $299. You can get a store credit for the difference by calling them.

12. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    I think the sale is today only, so act fast!

13. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    just called and had them credit me back the $50..... so cool.... and to add to that, I'm waiting for the UPS man as I type this to take delivery of my EP3....

14. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    just got my $299 EP-3 kit... I already put on the Pany 14mm f/2.5 Now just to update the firmware and get familiar with this thing... sweet deal...
    null_zpse7d95324.