Adobe to Reduce Price of Photoshop CC to $9.99/month

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by twokatmew, Sep 5, 2013.

1. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    • Like Like x 2
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    At that price I'll probably go for it.

3. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I was thinking the same thing. I've found myself upgrading LR yearly, so it's not that much more to subscribe and get the latest Photoshop too.

4. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Has anyone seen anything from Adobe on this? I've looked at Adobe's web site, and don't see this price at all.

5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    • Like Like x 1
  6. HesterAngelo

HesterAngelo Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 4, 2013
    Fort Worth
    That is not a big price reduction..maybe they should lower down the price by couple of more dollars.

7. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    I need to find me a copy or serial for cs3. Anyone know of a cheap source or have an older serial for sale?

8. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    After reading Adobe's terms, this is potentially a bait and switch offer. On, the $10 a month is accurate... For one year. But after that:

"After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering."

http://www.adobe.com/store/en_us/popup/offer/ccm_photoshop_app_offer.html

I interpret "current price" to mean the regular price that everyone pays. The $10 is an attempt to get you sucked in and dependent on CC, so you'll continue even at the normal high price.

9. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    That seems to be the most plausible interpretation. Letting a third party control one's own computer software is a very dangerous thing to do, in my view, as it permits gross abuses of power.

• Like Like x 1
  10. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

Plus Adobe's customer database been recently hacked. Probably not a good thing to let them keep your credit card or banking information on their servers...