1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Adobe Software Pricing

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Replytoken, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Hi Chuck,

I noticed that this Adobe software package was on sale until December 31: B&H # ADPSPE10WM . Adobe seems to still have it listed on sale until January 6, and I was wondering if your sale was a B&H sale, or an Adobe sale? If it was the latter, do you know why they stopped your discount a week before their own? any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--Ken

2. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

Our current offer is (Price: $124.95 / B&H # ADPSPE10WM). I do not see an Adobe Special offering for this bundle.

3. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Thanks for the quick reply, Chuck. Here is a link to their pages showing the discount: Discount software | Coupon codes and special offers . They are discounting the pacakge by 33%, bringing the price to $99USD and change. This is a bit more than your previous sale price in December, but it seemed unusual for a manufacturer to undercut it retailers, especially a mail order retailer who is very competitive in thier pricing.

This was not a "must have now" purchase for me, but I was giving it some serious consideration at your former sale price (and at Adobe's current sale price). I have a PSE8 license, and am probably going to need some video editing software in the near future now that I have several camera bodies that have video, so I have been keeping my eye out for sales on software.

Thanks,

--Ken

4. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

B&H # ADPSPE10WM is for Elements 10. The Adobe link is for 11. Sorry, I am not sure if I am missing something.

5. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    You are correct in that I copied the wrong B&H number. But, the package with PSE11 & Premiere 11 (B&H # ADPSPE11WM) is showing up at $129.95. Is this not the same package that Adobe is currently offering on sale at $99?

--Ken

6. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

Our B&H # ADPSPE11WM for Price: $129.95 is the full OEM package for both Mac and PC. On Adobe's site, for $99.99 its a downloaded Windows version. Mac is slightly more as is having the "box" shipped. Either way, its Mac or PC not both.

We are also including for free The JPEGmini Photo Optimization Software for Mac is a photo resizing application designed to reduce overall file sizes without sacrificing image quality, resolution, or format. Capable of lessening your JPEG file sizes by up to 5x, this tool provides an efficient solution for freeing up hard drive space and shortening upload times.

7. Replytoken

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Thank you very much for the additional information. This is very helpful, and I now know that I was not comparing apples to apples. Your service is great!

--Ken

• Like Like x 1