1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Adobe Photography CC updates

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by mcasan, Mar 16, 2016.

1. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Adobe updated both Photoshop and Lightroom. Some of those changes are for raw converters for new cameras and corrections for new lenses. Evidently there are lots of bug fixes for LR.

2. magicaxeman

magicaxeman Mu-43 Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    Essex UK
    Ian
    Thanks downloading now.

3. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Dang it, still holding out hope for a "Lightroom 7."

4. Drdul

Drdul Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2015
    Vancouver, BC
    Richard
    FYI: If any Mac users encounter a permissions error when launching Lightroom after the upgrade, the solution is to change the permissions on three folders including the enclosed items. That last part is key. When LR fails to fix the problem, it directs you to this page which identifies the three folders, but fails to explain that the permission changes need to be applied to enclosed items as well.

For each of the three folders, open a Get Info window (Cmd-I). Permissions should be set to read/write for your account. In my case, the permissions were all correct, but of course I still couldn't launch LR. So for each folder I had to click on the padlock at the bottom right to unlock, then click the cog at bottom left and select "Apply to enclosed items..." After that, LR launched properly.

I continue to be amazed that a company as large as Adobe can continually screw up the software install/upgrade process. I hate the CC desktop app, which only works for updates about two-thirds of the time, and every few days still tries to get me to upgrade to Acrobat DC with no way to hide the stupid notification. When LR 7 is released (@sammykhalifa@sammykhalifa my guess is the end of this year) I may ditch CC, buy the standalone version of LR and switch from Photoshop to something like Affinity Photo.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    I fight LR on my PC, but iTunes is much more of a major source of sheer anger for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ricoh

Ricoh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    UK
    Steve
    Did the update this evening (PC based), crashed doing a crop in develop. Maybe coincidence, maybe not.