Adobe photo apps now supporting native mode on Apple Silicon

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
Adobe has updated the photo apps to be able to run in native mode on Apple Silicon hardware.

C1P was recently updated for Apple Silicon support.

So now that begs the question of when we will see native Apple Silicon support from plugins like Nik Collection, Topaz apps,....etc.

WT21

Mu-43 Legend
Just posted in a different thread, but now see this one.

LR Classic on my M1 MBP is running very nicely with 16MP files in RAW. Very fast.

Armoured

Mu-43 Regular
Just posted in a different thread, but now see this one.

LR Classic on my M1 MBP is running very nicely with 16MP files in RAW. Very fast.

Any notable differences, like memory usage?

(I was seeing a lot of reports about odd memory usage, possibly related to Lightroom preferences for gfx acceleration, as it seemed like Adobe's use of graphics acceleration used proprietary approach that didn't account for the M1 integrated graphics approach...)

Real Name
Mark

(I was seeing a lot of reports about odd memory usage, possibly related to Lightroom preferences for gfx acceleration, as it seemed like Adobe's use of graphics acceleration used proprietary approach that didn't account for the M1 integrated graphics approach...)
Just updated to the M1 native version of LR - from 10.2 to 10.3 - on my 16GB Mac Mini.

According to Activity Monitor, memory usage has dropped from 3.47GB (10.2) down to 2.84GB (10.3).

In 10.2 Preferences > Performance, Camera RAW was set to 'Auto' as the dialog box showed the Apple M1 as supporting full acceleration automatically. Same in the newly installed 10.3.

I'm using a USB3 3.5" external drive to store data including photos so there's a hardware bottleneck. However, speaking purely subjectively, everything feels faster in 10.3.

WT21

Mu-43 Legend

Well, I don't see anything odd wrt LR in my memory use, but I can tell you I should have bought a 16GB M1! While the speed isn't an issue, there is a LOT Of disk swap, which will ultimately wear out the SSID. I have 8GB mem. 6GB is currently in use with an 8GB swap file!

Were the "reports about odd memory usage" on the newest LR built native for M1, or was it for previous LR versions running in emulation in M1? I could understand the latter. I don't see issues with the newest.

Armoured

Mu-43 Regular
Were the "reports about odd memory usage" on the newest LR built native for M1, or was it for previous LR versions running in emulation in M1? I could understand the latter. I don't see issues with the newest.
It was for the previous versions before Lightroom Classic in particular updated to the M1.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom