1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Adobe Lightroom 4 In Stock at B&H

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    March 7 Update: Most versions now showing as "In stock".

------
    Just a quick heads up that Adobe Lightroom 4 is available for pre-order at B&H with expected availability tomorrow, March 7, 2012.

6812938748_758a959517.

Please use our direct affiliate links below to support Mu-43.com. Your price is not affected, and we get credit for the referral.

$149 - Lightroom 4 Standard Edition at B&H

$79 - Lightroom 4 Student and Teacher edition at B&H (once you get the box, you have to prove that you are a student or teacher in order to activate the software)

$79 - Lightroom 4 upgrade from prior version at B&H

Link to all Lightroom 4 versions at B&H

Prices are surprisingly good.

Also available for pre-order at Amazon. Our affiliate link: <a target="_blank" href="http://www.amazon.com/mn/search/?_encoding=UTF8&x=0&tag=amipho-20&linkCode=ur2&y=0&camp=1789&creative=390957&field-keywords=Adobe%20Lightroom%204&url=search-alias%3Daps">Adobe Lightroom 4 (All Versions) at Amazon</a>https://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=amipho-20&l=ur2&o=1" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" />

[Thanks WT21]

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It's good to see that the people who bought Lightroom 3 at the late discount prices are also getting a good price on LR4 by way of the upgrade price :2thumbs:.

3. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    I don't want to order the DVD though.. such a waste in packing material, ha. But I want my Amazon rewards...

Does anyone know how the BH software update works? Do they just send you a key?

4. Jakob F.

Jakob F. Mu-43 Regular

May 18, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Amin, do you have an affiliate link for the .uk Amazon site as well?

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Jakob, if you click the link in my signature for Amazon UK and then search for Lightroom 4 before putting it in your "shopping cart", we'll get credited. Thanks for asking!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jakob F.

Jakob F. Mu-43 Regular

May 18, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I'll do that -Thanks for answering ;v)

7. rkelac

rkelac Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2011
    Yes, free is usually a good price.

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Is there a free upgrade for recent buyers of LR3? Even better :2thumbs:.

9. rkelac

rkelac Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2011
    There is a free upgrade if you bought it after February 6. Just need to go to www.adobe.com/go/pa and fill in the info.

10. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    I'm intrigued by the video editing capabilities. Does anyone know if it works only on MOV files, or can it process AVCHD as well? I couldn't find anything online.

My guess is probably just MOV.

11. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    • Like Like x 1
  12. 4/3 Films

4/3 Films New to Mu-43

Mar 6, 2012
    Looks rad, very excited.

13. Jakob F.

Jakob F. Mu-43 Regular

May 18, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Too bad it's not on the UK site yet ;v)

14. D@ne

D@ne Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2012
    Toronto
  15. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I'm tempted to switch from Aperture 3 to LR4. Has anyone made this transition?

I've downloaded the LR4 trial and will be playing with it this week...

16. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    the changes in the dev module are awesome to me. 0'd defaults and WB brush... awesome. Highlight/shadow recovery is better, too. I'd drop $80 for the upgrade just for that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dtchan

dtchan Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    Hmmm so I tried LR4 beta and applying the presets I had for LR3 looks completely different which kind of renders the presets useless if I upgrade to LR4. Moving to LR4 would probably mean finding new presets and that take time to accumulate. Anyone else consider this?

18. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Amazon Canada needs to bring in LR4!

19. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Yes, the presets won't work the same. But there are, I believe, ways to convert the presets. Check on the Adobe forums for more info.

The new raw conversion process is so much better than before I think it's worth the hassle of having to modify or create new presets, but then I haven't made a lot of use of presets so far.

20. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    You can download direct from the Adobe site for the same price as Amazon (and everyone else) is selling it for.