1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Adobe customer survey

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by speedandstyle, Oct 28, 2013.

1. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I just completed a survey from Adobe. I got an email from them about taking said survey, so I figured "what the heck". The main thrust of which is whether you like perpetual one time purchase or various cloud based renting. They also had various pricing scenarios which was interesting, one had Photoshop at $250. There were also a few what-if products most notably Photoshop aimed at the hobby photographer and a Lightroom/Photoshop hybrid program. They also gave spaces to write whatever and I let them know I want to buy my software and not rent it.

If you get a similar email from Adobe and hate the CC only model they are currently using then take the survey. Oh by the way if you take the survey you get put into a drawing for various prizes including an iPad.

2. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    Bill
    How long was the survey?

3. Drdave944

Drdave944 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2012
    No survey yet but I did get a letter saying their site had been hacked and credit card data stolen. I checked my card status and found $1200 of phony purchases. I changed card numbers.

4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

They say the survey takes 15 minutes but it only took me about 10 minutes. Normally I don't do surveys or endorse them but since this one could cause Adobe to switch away from the CC only idea it is worth it.

Yea they got hack last month.

• Like Like x 1
  5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I haven't received the survey, but I got a letter offering me a free year of credit monitoring from Experian. I took the offer but am not paying to get monitoring from the other two bureaus. Fortunately no fraudulent charges have appeared on my accounts, but I'm keeping a close eye on them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

6. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    How soon after they announced the hacking did the charges appear on your credit card?

--Ken

7. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Interesting. Yours is the first I've heard where the encrypted data was potentially used. I've yet to hear that the data stolen was usable. Do you make other on-line purchases?

Gordon

8. Drdave944

Feb 2, 2012
    One month. Then they used the card at two weekly interval at a hair salon for $ 650 in New York and then in Ohio at an antique store for the same amount before I called the credit card company.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Drdave944

Feb 2, 2012
    Yes but I have had no trouble for years Once a card was stolen before it got to me in the mail but never any other problem.