1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Adobe CS6 release candidate available with GH4 and EM10 support

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by GFFPhoto, Jun 3, 2014.

1. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
  2. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
  3. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Does this mean that when fully released, the likes of CS4 won't be updated to accept newer cameras?

4. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    The EM10 has been out so long, I didn't even realize it was on the list. I thought it was already supported. Sorry. I've updated the thread title.

5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Adobe has only ever updated ACR for the most current version of Photoshop. In this case, that'd Creative Cloud (CC), but because they have so many users still on CS6, they've updated that as well. CS5 and earlier are out of luck though - you'll have to rely on DNG Converter, or upgrade.

6. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I don't wish to downgrade to CC, just like I didn't wish to downgrade to Windows 8. If Lightroom goes the way of CS, then there are other options. But since I'm likely to be using my E-M1 for a long time, the status quo should suffice for what I need.

7. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Well, as I said, they're still updating CS6, at least in terms of basic file support, so that works too. Or using DNG Converter.

8. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I really don't want to introduce another step in post-processing (DNG), as well as the extra storage space that requires. I guess Adobe does what Adobe does and if you don't like it, go somewhere else. I suspect that will happen sooner or later.

9. jurgen

jurgen Mu-43 Regular

Jan 27, 2014
    Creative Cloud user, downloaded the patch last night. Everything seems to be working great so far.