1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

Adobe CC for Photographers for $10 a Month no PS serial needed

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by humzai, Nov 20, 2013.

1. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    Adobe changed their cc pricing to allow anyone to get the $10 a month Photoshop and Lightroom even without a PS serial. It's only available until dec 2 and the price guarantee is for 1 year. I think I'm going to sign up in a few days.

2. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    Link? Source?

3. bobbywise

bobbywise Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2011
    Nantes, France
  4. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    How many machines can this be registered for? I'm about to get a new computer but it'll be after the Dec. 2 cutoff.

5. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    Go ahead and sign up and then install it after you get your new comp. I believe it allows to active installs at a time.

6. woody112704

woody112704 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2012
    Iowa
    Jared
    I don't think I would be able to do it. I don't trust their cloud stuff with as many problems they are having with getting hacked.

7. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    I just signed up, even though I already have LR5. At $10 a month I figure it is worth trying out.

8. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    I'm torn, it's a really good deal, but I just don't use photoshop all that much. I have LR5 already, along with Nik, PSE11, and Pixelmator. But to be honest, I rarely touch PSE11 or Pixelmator; though this is mainly due to ignorance, I feel that most of what I want to do in post can be done in LR. Maybe I need to breakdown and do some video instructions on PS lvl editing to see what I'm missing?

9. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    In addition to LR and PP you get some cloud storage and a Behance Prosite.

If you cancel in the first 30 days you can get a refund. Otherwise there is a fee of 50% of the remaining monthly fees for your 1-year contract.

10. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
  11. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    If I read the FAQ's correctly, two machines.. 2 win machines or 1 mac/1 win machine.

I joined and Behance should be good for my daughter.

12. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

This is a good step in the right direction but they should just make this the standing offer instead of setting a time limit. $10.50 a month{credit card interest added} is doable especially since you get PS and LR. The email they sent out says the following:
    Not sure if this means it goes up to $19.99 a month or if it stays at $9.99. Since the "photography program" is the "offering" I would think it would remain at the same price after the first year. If they do try and raise it - a LOT of people will be super pissed!!! Also Adobe made it very clear with the original version of the "photography program"{where you had to have CS3 or later already} that the price was "not an introductory price". I am going to contact Adobe and ask them.

I found where they say only two machines but it says:
    Can you link to where you saw the 2 win machines but only one Mac?

13. speedandstyle

UPDATE! So after waiting almost an hour to chat with an Adobe rep I got an answer to what the price will be for the second year - "we haven't decided yet!" That is right they don't know! I was considering this but if they raise the price after the first year then it becomes TOO expensive. I have already been looking around to find other software to replace Photoshop. I can't find any one product that does all the same things but have been able to find various other programs that replace most that I use. Even after totaling up a half dozen possible programs it is cheaper than 2 years of Photoshop CC at $19.99 a month AND in the end I have the programs in hand to keep forever!

Epilogue: Good bye Photoshop! You have been a great friend and even made me money but it is time for us to part ways due to your parents being idiots!

14. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

I'm still using CS2, never really had a reason to upgrade...

15. speedandstyle

I have a full CS2 suite but I can't use it on my newer Mac{CS2 was pre-intel and CS3 is post}. I used it until about a year ago and was going to get the newest version of PS{don't use the other programs} but then Adobe announced the CC only crap.