Adobe CC for Photographers for $10 a Month no PS serial needed

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by humzai, Nov 20, 2013.

1. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    Adobe changed their cc pricing to allow anyone to get the $10 a month Photoshop and Lightroom even without a PS serial. It's only available until dec 2 and the price guarantee is for 1 year. I think I'm going to sign up in a few days.
  2. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    rob collins
  3. bobbywise

bobbywise Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2011
    Nantes, France
  4. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    How many machines can this be registered for? I'm about to get a new computer but it'll be after the Dec. 2 cutoff.
  5. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    Go ahead and sign up and then install it after you get your new comp. I believe it allows to active installs at a time.
  6. woody112704

woody112704 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2012
    I don't think I would be able to do it. I don't trust their cloud stuff with as many problems they are having with getting hacked.
  7. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    I just signed up, even though I already have LR5. At $10 a month I figure it is worth trying out.
  8. Repp

Repp Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Oak Harbor, WA
    I'm torn, it's a really good deal, but I just don't use photoshop all that much. I have LR5 already, along with Nik, PSE11, and Pixelmator. But to be honest, I rarely touch PSE11 or Pixelmator; though this is mainly due to ignorance, I feel that most of what I want to do in post can be done in LR. Maybe I need to breakdown and do some video instructions on PS lvl editing to see what I'm missing?
  9. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    In addition to LR and PP you get some cloud storage and a Behance Prosite.

If you cancel in the first 30 days you can get a refund. Otherwise there is a fee of 50% of the remaining monthly fees for your 1-year contract.
  10. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
  11. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    If I read the FAQ's correctly, two machines.. 2 win machines or 1 mac/1 win machine.

I joined and Behance should be good for my daughter.
  12. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

This is a good step in the right direction but they should just make this the standing offer instead of setting a time limit. $10.50 a month{credit card interest added} is doable especially since you get PS and LR. The email they sent out says the following:
    Not sure if this means it goes up to $19.99 a month or if it stays at $9.99. Since the "photography program" is the "offering" I would think it would remain at the same price after the first year. If they do try and raise it - a LOT of people will be super pissed!!! Also Adobe made it very clear with the original version of the "photography program"{where you had to have CS3 or later already} that the price was "not an introductory price". I am going to contact Adobe and ask them.

I found where they say only two machines but it says:
    Can you link to where you saw the 2 win machines but only one Mac?
  13. speedandstyle

UPDATE! So after waiting almost an hour to chat with an Adobe rep I got an answer to what the price will be for the second year - "we haven't decided yet!" That is right they don't know! I was considering this but if they raise the price after the first year then it becomes TOO expensive. I have already been looking around to find other software to replace Photoshop. I can't find any one product that does all the same things but have been able to find various other programs that replace most that I use. Even after totaling up a half dozen possible programs it is cheaper than 2 years of Photoshop CC at $19.99 a month AND in the end I have the programs in hand to keep forever!

Epilogue: Good bye Photoshop! You have been a great friend and even made me money but it is time for us to part ways due to your parents being idiots!
  14. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I'm still using CS2, never really had a reason to upgrade...
  15. speedandstyle

I have a full CS2 suite but I can't use it on my newer Mac{CS2 was pre-intel and CS3 is post}. I used it until about a year ago and was going to get the newest version of PS{don't use the other programs} but then Adobe announced the CC only crap.