1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Additional tripod connector

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Idreamphoto, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Idreamphoto

Idreamphoto Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2012
    Do you know if it exist a sort of extension item to mount between the camera and the tripod connector ( the piece of plate between camera and tripod)?
    I have a basic manfrotto tripod which works fine but when the tripod connector is mounted on the om-d, it prevents the screen to move correction. I am also afraid that will famage the screen since ut seems to put some pressure underneath.
    Thank you

2. Idreamphoto

Sep 1, 2012
    Hi, anybody can help ? I am still looking for a tripod connector yhat doesn't block the tilt screen of the om-d

3. pictor

pictor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 17, 2010
    I may not be able to help you, but I don't understand your problem correctly, because I don't know what a tripod connector is, so do you mean something like this: Headplates?

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    That's what it sounds like he means, is that the Manfrotto headplate is pressed up against the flip screen of the E-M5.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Idreamphoto

Sep 1, 2012
    This is correct. Thank you translating my approximative english.

6. OhWellOK

OhWellOK Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    If not cost prohibitive, couldn't you just buy another smaller head that works better for the OM-D? All tripods these days feature removable interchangeable heads-I would think your Manfrotto surely does this?

I just picked one of these up to use with my old Sunpak tripod until I can afford a better one.
    Slik SBH-100 DQ Compact Ballhead 100 with Quick Release 618-324
    Nothing fancy but smaller plate size works perfect w/ OM-D, doesn't affect lcd tilt and nice smooth ball operation for $25

7. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Manfrotto does make extension pieces for some plates. Which head do you have?

Sometimes another solution is to mount the camera backwards on the plate.

Gordon

8. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Also attaching the first part of the optional vertical grip would solve the problem.

Gordon

9. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer