Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by datagov, Jul 26, 2015.

1. datagov

datagov Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2012
    New York
    I am here in Addis today and President Obama has just arrived and the city is super excited. I spent today with a driver touring the city and took some shots of Ethiopians. It is the rainy season, and the humidity combined with horrendous pollution makes lighting a real challenge. That and the high altitude also makes breathing sometimes challenging too... But the people are wonderful and the city is safe and fascinating. Shot all of these with the E-M1 and O12-40 in natural light.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 21
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    Beautiful shots! Thanks for posting.
  3. rbelyell

rbelyell Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Mountains of NY
    wonderful portraits. they look very natural from a processing perspective, which is a big positive for me personally. the oof is perfect and more resembles ff than m4/3.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. James23p

James23p Mu-43 Regular

Jul 25, 2015
    Wonderful shots actually better than wonderful they are powerful and tell a real story!

5. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana

• Like Like x 1
  6. datagov

datagov Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2012
    New York
    Well...the O12-40 doesn't provide a lot of bokeh even at f2.8 so I often apply a lowpass filter to the background in Darktable to enhance the image isolation. You cant do it for every portrait and to be honest I wish I had brought my O45 or canon fd 80-200 f4 l because those lenses are much better for portraits. But the 12-40 works with some careful framing and selective post processing.