1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Adaptor: Olympus E-System lenses to fit a Canon 600d

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Warren64, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Warren64

Warren64 New to Mu-43

Apr 8, 2019
    I'm shooting a wedding using my E-System gear which serves me well.
    I've been offered a second camera for the day as backup - a Canon 600d.

Is there an adaptor that will allow these lenses below to fit a Canon 600d?
    I know it's APS-C but wondered if at all possible to use them albeit with limited functionality if need be.

I have a range of excellent four thirds lenses at my disposal:
    Zuiko 50mm Macro f1.2
    Zuiko ED 7 - 14mm

Zuiko ED 12-60mm
    Zuiko 90-250 mm f/2.8

Thank you

2. Michael Meissner

Michael Meissner Mu-43 Veteran

No, there is no adapter. The Canon EF and EF-S flange distance is 42mm, the classic 4/3rds lenses have a flange distance of 38.67mm, and the micro 4/3rds lenses have a flange distance of 19.25mm. You can mount lenses with a larger flange distance on a camera with a smaller flange distance by using a spacer.

Note, in addition, the lenses are designed to illuminate a smaller sensor.

I don't recall which of those lenses have real mechanical focusing -- if they are electronic only, then you would also need something that translates from Canon to Four Thirds.

If you can't find a spare E-x, the only option might be to rent a micro 4/3rds camera (probably E-m1 mark II or E-m1x) and a MMF-3 adapter. Or rent a Canon lens for the Canon body.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Christop82

Christop82 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Pick up a cheap 50mm 1.8 stm. Excellent lens for the money.

4. tkbslc

tkbslc Super Moderator

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.