1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Adaptor for lumixG2

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Suef, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Suef

Suef New to Mu-43

Mar 25, 2012
    I have several old hanimex lenses that I would like to try with my G2 but don't understand what adaptor I need? Can anyone tell me (in very simple terms) Please xx

2. greyelm

greyelm Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2010
    London
    Malcolm
    From a quick search on Google it seems that Hanimex lenses came in different mounts. If you know what camera they came from this may help in finding an adapter. Look at the back of the lens, if it is a screw thread it is probably m42, if it is a bayonet you will need more expert advice as there are a number of different fittings. Sorry I can't help more.

3. Suef

Suef New to Mu-43

Mar 25, 2012
    Thanks they are screw thread I'm pretty sure as the cap over the end has to be screwed on so I will need an m42 adaptor then?

4. greyelm

greyelm Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2010
    London
    Malcolm
  5. Suef

Suef New to Mu-43

Mar 25, 2012
    Thank you my adaptor arrived today and fits beautifully now all I need to do is learn to focus accurately which will be a challenge I suspect! Is there an idiot's guide to starting to do things like this? I've got the manual etc but I get distracted by all the things that are possible rather than learning how to do one thing really well! You'd think as a teacher I would be able to concentrate more!