1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Adapting Elpro Series VI close-up lenses?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by apicius9, Nov 8, 2011.

1. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Hi, I have two Leitz Elpro close-up lenses, the Series VI a and b. Looks like originally they were for an older version of the Summicron 50. I am wondering if I can adapt them to another lens, and I am a bit puzzled about what kind of adapter I need. Let's say I want to put it on the Contax G Planar 45/2 which has a filter thread of 46mm. Does this look like the adapter I need?

46mm Lens Thread to Series VI 6 FILTER ADAPTER RING/FILTER HOLDER | eBay

Has anybody played with these Elpros before - the search function produced a blank. The Series VI seems to be about 44mm, so I would hope to get away without too much vignetting. Maybe I could even try it on the 20/1.7, they are reasonably light.

Thanks,

Stefan

2. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    The Elpros I use are for the 100mm 2.8 Macro R and are 55mm filter size. They
    are +2.5 and +4.9 diopters respectively. :smile:
    If your set has threads then you need the threaded step-up or step down rings, some "series style" filters are of the "drop in" fashion (do not have threads), and need a threaded ring to fit the lens and a filter retainer ring to hold the filter in the threaded ring that fits the lens.
    Here are the thread sizes for series filters.
    Series C = 22.5 mm
    Series 4 = 23.5 mm
    Series V = 33.5 mm
    Series VI = 44 mm
    Series VII = 54 mm
    Series 8 = 66.7 mm
    Series 9 = 83.5 mm
    Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  3. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Great info, thanks! My Elpros have male and female threads, so if I understand this correctly, I would just need a 46-44mm step down ring and I should be fine? The way they are, I could actually stack them, that should be interesting. From what I read, the dioptEr ratings should be similar.

Stefan

P.S. I would really like that 100/2.8 R Macro lens.... :)