1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Adapting Elpro Series VI close-up lenses?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by apicius9, Nov 8, 2011.

1. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hi, I have two Leitz Elpro close-up lenses, the Series VI a and b. Looks like originally they were for an older version of the Summicron 50. I am wondering if I can adapt them to another lens, and I am a bit puzzled about what kind of adapter I need. Let's say I want to put it on the Contax G Planar 45/2 which has a filter thread of 46mm. Does this look like the adapter I need?

46mm Lens Thread to Series VI 6 FILTER ADAPTER RING/FILTER HOLDER | eBay

Has anybody played with these Elpros before - the search function produced a blank. The Series VI seems to be about 44mm, so I would hope to get away without too much vignetting. Maybe I could even try it on the 20/1.7, they are reasonably light.

Thanks,

Stefan

2. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    The Elpros I use are for the 100mm 2.8 Macro R and are 55mm filter size. They
    are +2.5 and +4.9 diopters respectively. :smile:
    If your set has threads then you need the threaded step-up or step down rings, some "series style" filters are of the "drop in" fashion (do not have threads), and need a threaded ring to fit the lens and a filter retainer ring to hold the filter in the threaded ring that fits the lens.
    Here are the thread sizes for series filters.
    Series C = 22.5 mm
    Series 4 = 23.5 mm
    Series V = 33.5 mm
    Series VI = 44 mm
    Series VII = 54 mm
    Series 8 = 66.7 mm
    Series 9 = 83.5 mm
    Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  3. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Great info, thanks! My Elpros have male and female threads, so if I understand this correctly, I would just need a 46-44mm step down ring and I should be fine? The way they are, I could actually stack them, that should be interesting. From what I read, the dioptEr ratings should be similar.

Stefan

P.S. I would really like that 100/2.8 R Macro lens.... :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.