Adapters available at Vistek (Canada)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by muzee, Oct 3, 2011.

1. muzee

muzee Mu-43 Regular

May 10, 2011
  2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I have also never seen these before in Canada, Muzee!! It wasn't just you...

This is frickin' sweet! The most frustrating thing about living in Canada is having to wait for weeks... up to an entire month, just to get a little mount adapter from the States! And they're such simple things, I could never understand why nobody would sell them from Canada.

This is quite the selection now at Vistek... and my town has a Vistek branch downtown, which means that even though they probably won't stock this stuff they can order it in a week from another branch in a metropolis location like Toronto. Very good news!

I notice though, that they flubbed up on some of the titles/descriptions, lol. For instance, they say the Panasonic DMW-MA1 Four-Thirds to Micro Four-Thirds adapter is "manual focus only". We all know that's not true. ;)

Thanks for sharing this!

3. muzee

muzee Mu-43 Regular

May 10, 2011
    You're welcome! ... I knew you would be excited ... I've read your rantings about the lack of adapters (available in Canada) before :)

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Hehe... guilty as charged!

5. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Ned, you need to get out more...there also available at Saneal camera, I think there in Edmonton as well. They are the largest Olympus dealer in western Canada so I'm assuming you'd know about them with your vast knowledge of Olympus.

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Nope, didn't know about Saneal. I looked them up though... they don't have a selection like Vistek now has, but they do have a Sony Alpha, Pentax K, Nikon F to Micro Four-Thirds, and a Leica R to Four-Thirds. That's very useful to know, as Calgary is just a day trip from Edmonton! I see they also have a selection of Zuiko Super High Grade glass.

7. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Wow..makes me feel better about the adaptors I got from China at around 90% off those prices. :)

8. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Too bad I won't step foot in a Vistek as I have always received such S*%+ service in both of their locations in my city.