Adapter SOS

LucDeSchepper

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Luc de Schepper
This afternoon I received my Nikon to MFT adapter. I mounted my 105mm f2.5 Ais on the adapter and shot two test images. After that I wanted to dismount the lens from the adapter. Seems it is stuck somehow. There is a chrome lever on the adapter which activates a little pin, this seems to unlock something but no movement unfortunately. The aperture ring on the lens is stuck also. Which way should I turn the adapter (facing down) to unlock? Any help appreciated.

View attachment 380831

LucDeSchepper

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Luc de Schepper
OK, the lens has regained it's freedom. I suspect the AI-coupling ridge got jammed. I'll have to test with some other AIs and AF-D lenses but something seems wrong with this adapter although the info on eBay stated it should work with Ai lenses.

After further testing my conclusion is my adapter is too tight (the metal mount ring on the "Nikon side" is a fraction too low) for my 105mm f2.5 Ais, very tight but just workable for my other Ais lenses, and ok for my AF-D lenses. I will receive another adapter (different brand) this week, hopefully this one works with the 105mm because that's the only lens I was keen on using it with.

dougjgreen

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Doug Green
You might want to try an NAi to M43 adapter, rather than an NG to M43 adapter. They are a somewhat simpler mechanism.

LucDeSchepper

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Luc de Schepper
Yes, could be that does the trick. I'll receive another adapter this week and hopefully that one's willing to corporate with the 105mm f2.5 Ais. Luckily I have alternative 85mm and 105mm AF-D lenses to use on this adapter.

JudyM

Mu-43 All-Pro
A common problem with adapters like these is the movement of the button or lever that works the release. Most people see a button and naturally want to press it down to make it operate, but most of these operate by pulling them backwards towards the body. You may have already figured that out, but I don't know how many posts I've read on forums from others who can't get the lens to release.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
The other issue with many cheap adapters is that the locking pin/connector often doesn't move sufficiently to release the lens. I have had exactly the same issue with some adapters and in the worst cases you begin to think the lens will never come off.

Latest threads

Top Bottom