Adapter recommendations?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by wrxspdwgn, Dec 28, 2012.

1. wrxspdwgn

wrxspdwgn Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2012
    I recently purchased a Panasonic GX1 as a travel alternative to my dslr. My old film cameras were Minolta and after seeing these threads wondered if I might try using the lenses. Are there any adapters that are recommended or preferred by those of you who have Minolta lenses in your gear bag?
  2. Photophil

Photophil Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2012
    Atlanta Georgia area

I'm new to MFT, but I bought two Fotodiox Pentax SMC to MFT adapters and they work great. They are well made and all metal. They fit snugly to both the lens and camera, so there's no wobble at all. I don't see why a Minolta mount would be any different. If you go that route, buy them from Amazon, not off the Fotodiox site itself. You will save money on Amazon, but the order is fulfilled by Fotodiox. Shipping was very fast. Hope this helps.
  3. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    I've used Rainbow Imaging adapters and Kipon adapters as well. The RI ones are very inexpensive and have OK fit and finish. The Kipon is a bit more and has a slightly more accurate fit. I find Fotodiox fits in-between these. All are fine.

+1 that
  4. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    I have a fotodiox MD adapter (what you would want). Works fine for all of the lenses. Had a few incidental problems ordering with Fotodiox, but nothing that wasn't satisfactorily resolved in the end (just may not be my first "need it now" provider). I ordered off of Amazon.