adapter questions...

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by back alley, Aug 4, 2010.

1. back alley

back alley Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2010
    just needing to check out a couple of things...

i recently bought an oly 4/3 macro lens, the 35, along with a lumix 4/3>m4/3 adapter...everything fits nicely and i can use manual focus with the magnified view.
    just checking...the auto focus is not supposed to work with this set up, right?

second question...

i also recently bought a cheap adapter for m mount lenses to fit onto the g1. it fits great and i can easily mount my m mount lenses on the m4/3 g1.

but it's only manual focus and there is no magnified view and it focusses no matter where the afs/afc/mf is set to. is this the way it's supposed to work?

also, on aperture priority, no f value shows up but the shutter speed does change when i change f values...normal?

should i be using it on another, better setting other than 'a'?

thanks for your assistance.
    joe

2. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Your best bet is to check the lens compatibility list on Panasonic's support website. It lists all the 4/3 lenses, with the functionality enabled for each with various cameras.

Yes, there's no communication with the camera, so the camera has no way of telling that you're twisting the focus ring. The focus setting button doesn't matter because you're using the "shoot w/o lens" option.

Normal. With continuous live view, the camera does constant metering, so in 'A' mode it'll adjust the shutter speed to match the incoming light given the EV you have set. I think it also adjusts the ISO if you have in on autoISO, but I don't use those settings so I don't know for sure.

You can use either 'A' if you want the camera to do you metering for you, or 'M' to get full control over all the settings. With a MF legacy lens on, the 'S' functionality is essentially equivalent to the 'M' mode, and the 'P' functionality is essentially equivalent to the 'A' mode.

3. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    OK...joe...
    Here's how to set up the G1 for any manual lens used on your G1 (I have the same camera...and the ZM C-Sonnar is a 100mm f/1.5.... Yeah)..

**Custom Menu Page 5 = Shoot w/o lens = ON

**Top Left knob is "MF"

**When you have the lens mounted,

**Press the left 4way and move the square where you want it, (I keep it centered). Press the "set" button

**You can turn the front wheel to change the Mag from 10x to 14x

**Focus

**Shoot

The G1 will adjust the brightness of the LCD or VF on small f/stops, so it will be easier to focus. The Oly Pens Don't.

Hope this helps...

Set the Camera on "Aperture Priority" mode... for semi-auto\OR
    Manual for full control and use the front wheel to adj the exposure to your liking via the +/- scale in the VF/LCD (adjusts the S-Speed)

4. back alley

back alley Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2010