Adapter - Nikon lens on G3

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by bigbob, Jan 22, 2013.

1. bigbob

bigbob Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2012
    MA
    Robert Morin
    I have a lot of Nikon lenses. Wondering how they work on G3. Any special adapter brand? If Nikon lenses work well on G3 I think I will keep them. bigbob

2. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Not for Nikon, but I have used Fotodiox brand adapters. Seem a bit more expensive than the ones on ebay, but a bit better quality control from what I have heard. if you want very tight tolerances, I would go with metabones/novaflex. The reason I didn't is due to the adapter costing more than I had spent on any of the lenses I have (old MC/MD Minolta).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    The Voigtlander Nikon F adapter is the best and also the most expensive. My buddy had a metabones adapter and the tolerances weren't nearly as good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    I'd agree with Jonathan. If you have lots of Nikon lenses, just get Voigtlander Nikon F (or the Novoflex) adapter. It's very very good. Voigtlander does not support G lenses though, not sure if the Novoflex one does.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    Buying cheap adapters is like a lottery. I went through 4 no-name Nikon F adapters, and the 4th one I got was actually spot on with the Voigtlander!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.