Adapter - Nikon lens on G3

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by bigbob, Jan 22, 2013.

1. bigbob

bigbob Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2012
    MA
    Robert Morin
    I have a lot of Nikon lenses. Wondering how they work on G3. Any special adapter brand? If Nikon lenses work well on G3 I think I will keep them. bigbob

2. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Not for Nikon, but I have used Fotodiox brand adapters. Seem a bit more expensive than the ones on ebay, but a bit better quality control from what I have heard. if you want very tight tolerances, I would go with metabones/novaflex. The reason I didn't is due to the adapter costing more than I had spent on any of the lenses I have (old MC/MD Minolta).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    The Voigtlander Nikon F adapter is the best and also the most expensive. My buddy had a metabones adapter and the tolerances weren't nearly as good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    I'd agree with Jonathan. If you have lots of Nikon lenses, just get Voigtlander Nikon F (or the Novoflex) adapter. It's very very good. Voigtlander does not support G lenses though, not sure if the Novoflex one does.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Buying cheap adapters is like a lottery. I went through 4 no-name Nikon F adapters, and the 4th one I got was actually spot on with the Voigtlander!

• Like Like x 1