1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Adapter for Olympus Zuiko Standard Lens 50mm

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by panyuser, Feb 1, 2012.

1. panyuser

panyuser Mu-43 Regular

Dec 22, 2011
    I have just taken my first foray into adapted lenses by buying a Olympus Zuiko
    Standard Lens 50mm.

I want to make sure I get the correct adapter. Is there a difference (except for
    price) between these:

1. Olympus OM lens to Micro 4/3 Adapter EP2 E-P2 E-P1 PEN | eBay
    2. Professional Olympus OM to Micro 4/3rds Lens Adapter Ring. M 4/3 Mount Adaptor. | eBay

or, can anyone recommend a particular brand?

I see lots of items from Roxsen for sale (from Hong Kong), and they're half the
    price of the other items.

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I doubt there's any real difference between those two you listed. They look like the standard Chinese build, with the split soft metal used in place of springs. The Olympus MF-2 will have real springs just like your camera has in its mount, but for significantly more. These ones should do you fine... mine is a Fotodiox (I use OM-to-4/3 instead of OM-to-m4/3, so my adapter is a lot thinner), and it uses a similar build to what you see here.

I would not recommend purchasing directly from Hong Kong unless you don't mind waiting a really long time for shipping. Is it really worth the extra $5-$10 you save?

Most of these adapters probably come from the same sources in Hong Kong, but you want the middle man to stock it closer to home for you. Trust me, it's worth paying him his little markup to vend it to you. ;)

3. harrysue

harrysue Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    The difference is £10.49, which is $16.62 for me. Sure. I can wait two more weeks.

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I don't know about the UK, but from Hong Kong to North America is likely to be a lot more than 2 weeks extra. :) Some stuff I order from Hong Kong never even gets here...

5. panyuser

panyuser Mu-43 Regular

Dec 22, 2011
    I did notice these too, and they are much smaller. I assumed that the adapter would physically fit, but it was an issue with the flange distance or something.

Are they perfectly compatible? Or does it affect focus distances or something else? (FWIW, it's for use on a GX1.)

I recently ordered some pens from Hong Kong (they're not sold in Europe). They took a week to arrive, so I'm pretty optimistic.

6. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Never had a problem with stuff disappearing. Most stuff arrives in 7-10 days here in the US. The 45/1.8 I ordered from Korea arrived in 4 days!

DH

7. Drdave944

Drdave944 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2012
    Get Factory Model

I got the factory model adapter from Panasonic.It cost $115. It enabled me to use a Leica 14-50 mm lens used for four thirds ,non-micro lenses. It also enabled me to use an Olympus 50-200 mm lens I already had.I have a Lumix GH 2. I found the results very satisfactory.::smile:

8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    That would be the Panasonic DMW-MA1 4/3-to-m4/3 adapter (ie, Olympus MMF-2), not the OM-to-m4/3 adapter (ie, Olympus MF-2).

That's not bad at all. Hell, it takes more than 7-10 days for stuff to get to Canada just from the US, lol.

9. Declan97

Declan97 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Padang, Indonesia

after using direct adapter adaptall - mft, i find it to thick and considering to have an "usual+MMF2 via OM"