1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Adapter for 4/3 to M43

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by crashwins, Dec 5, 2011.

1. crashwins

crashwins Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2010
    Northampton, MA
    An anyone recommend an affordable adapter to use from my Lumix L1 to my EP1? I have to assume any lens that works with my L1 will work with the same adapter. I see a few on eBay for $150 range but that seems excessive. Thanks

2. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    The price of those is high, but overall the higher price is because they aren't "dumb" adapters, like most you see out there. They relay focus distance, focal length, autofocus, etc. etc. The Panasonic one works just fine and it $110 new:
    Panasonic DMW-MA1 Mount Adapter to Mount Four Thirds DMW-MA1 B&H
    See if you can find it less, either in the buy/sell section or on ebay.

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    For OEM you have the Olympus MMF-2, Panasonic DMW-MA1, and the Olympus MMF-1. That's in order from lowest to highest retail price (the MMF-2 is a slightly cheaper/lighter aluminum build than the other two), but the actual price of them varies so much from specials that any one could be cheaper at any given time. Besides the metal used in the MMF-2, they are all identical except for color (DMW-MA1 is grey, MMF-1 is white, MMF-2 is black).

There is also an eBay seller who is making a Four-Thirds to Micro Four-Thirds adapter which has all the electric contacts of the OEM brands, for a little bit cheaper. I always forget the name though.

Also look for used copies... These adapters have been around for long enough, that you can often find used. Including the buy/sell section of this website.

4. crashwins

crashwins Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2010
    Northampton, MA
    Great, thanks a lot for the advice. Looks good!