Adapter and MF assist?

Saelee

Mu-43 Regular
I think MF assist is one of the best idea on the e-p1. If I get an adapter will it I still be able to keep the MF assist?

jcdoss

Mu-43 Regular
Yes, but you will need to hit the little magnifying glass button to enable it. You'll also need to hit it again to disable it.

I've got an EPL2, just showed up yesterday, so I assume they work the same way.

Edit: Uh oh... apologies for the misinformation!

ean10775

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Eric
Yes, but you will need to hit the little magnifying glass button to enable it. You'll also need to hit it again to disable it.

I've got an EPL2, just showed up yesterday, so I assume they work the same way.

Actually the E-P1/E-P2 are different in operation in this regard than the E-PL1/E-PL2 as they have no dedicated button for manual focus assist. Instead it is a menu-driven option. I own an E-PL1 so I'm afraid I can't be of any more assistance than that. Perhaps someone with and E-P1 will be willing to post the steps required to activate MF assist with legacy lenses.

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
On the e-p1, you have to make sure the 'magnifying screen' is in the live view screen cycle (menu gear *D->info->lv-info) ; then, you have to go to that screen (the one with a central green square) with the 'info' button when you want to take a picture and hit 'ok' to enter magnify mode and 'ok' again to get out.

Cumbersome.

iliakoltsov

Mu-43 Regular
On the EP1 to get the magnifying glass you need a firmware update , if you have bought it quite a while ago similarly for the GF1 , G1 comes in standard with the magnifying glass. Firmware upgrade all in all takes 2 minutes.

For the EP1 you need to go on the olympus site get the software install it on your pc connect your Pen ep1 to the PC and follow the instruction , BEFORE TRYING READ THE HOW TO OTHERWISE YOU WILL BRICK YOUR CAMERA.

Software download:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_support_downloads.asp?id=1461

Snapshot32

Mu-43 Rookie
I use the [Info] button to select the viewfinder-zoom feature (aka MF Assist or Focus Assist), so that manual focus will be assisted by a magnified image (7x or 10x). (I Press OK to actually zoom in)

When done focusing use the "OK" button again to cancel the zoom, since pressing the shutter does not do so. (The G1 does cancel zoom when you shoot!)

A half-press on the shutter button should cancel the zoom, as it does on the G1. That would make things nice and fast.

Is that feature also available on the E-Pen series? Did I miss something in the manual?

Latest threads

Top Bottom