adapted options... (G1)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Conqueror, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Conqueror

Conqueror Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    I currently dont own any adapters or non panasonic lens. Got G1 kit lens and 20mm panasonic.

Im after an Ultra Wide and a Macro lens.

Are their any particular bargains that stand out? Also, not all adapters are born equal I assume. Ive seen different ones on ebay, with very different prices.

Right now I could go any route. What would you suggest?

2. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Bargains - Pentax, Konica and certain Nikkors and Canons - SLR MF lenses are good/bargains
    In my view the Pentax SLR lens are a bargain, (compared with other brands) - pentax glass was/is always very good

the adapters are also the most simple and the cheaper ones, from say, RJ Camera in China, are good

Decide on the focal length you want but bear in mind that the longer the focal length the more difficult it is to focus - IMHO once you get to over 100mm ish you really need to use a tripod
    Also bear in mind that 35mm lenses only really use part of the lens with these small sensor cams and that the crop factor makes wide angles on the M43 stuff really expensive - i.e. if you want a wide MF lens you have to go for a really wide DSLR one

I suppose the ones that I prefer are RF lens - i.e. the CV Ultron 35mm f1.7, (a lot cheaper than say Leica or Zeiss) - but these probably start at £120 plus used, whereas you can get a Nikon or Canon SLR 35mm for a third of that.

Maybe you should look at SLR 28mm/f2.8 to 50mm f1.7/f1.8/f1.4 - to start with - the Canon 35mm f2 is also good
  3. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Ultra wide is a problem on µ4/3 due to the crop factor. I suppose that's why the 7-14 and 9-18 are so spendy.
  4. Vulcanrider

Vulcanrider Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 19, 2010
  5. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Agreed that UWA will be a challenge unless you go for the pricey 7-14 and the somewhat cheaper 9-18. You have lots of options for macro, so it's a matter of first deciding what sort of working distance you need, then choosing a macro lens with the appropriate focal length for that. I don't think there are many bad macro lenses out there, so you can't go wrong with any of them. Some are better than others, and they'll cost more, but it doesn't mean the cheap ones like the Canon FD 50/3.5 or the Nikkor 55/2.5 aren't good - they're great!

As for adapters, find your lens first then worry about the adapter you need for it. prices for adapters vary between $20 and $200, so there's a wide range.