Adapted Lens Image Thread

sebastel

Mu-43 Regular
s_1000566.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

G1 with OM Zuiko 3.5/50mm @ 3.5

donwhee

New to Mu-43
Here's one with the Contax G 45mm len

Hello everyone,

I shot this with the Contax G 45mm len. I believe the aperature was set at 2. Image has not been post-processed. I don't really believe in post-processing...like to keep things as natural as possible.

Anyhow, the focus wheel is a bit of a hassle, but I do like the lens quite a bit.

Regards,

Donny

Attachments

• Debauve1024x768.jpg
    Debauve1024x768.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 702

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
bokeh - its meaning

In fact, I have my own theory about bokeh, which is based on the fact that it's optically impossible to design a lens to have the desirable "smooth" bokeh both in front of and behind the in-focus plane; the designer can only choose one or the other (as mentioned briefly in this article by a Nikon lens designer.)

That means that when photographers praise a lens for having "nice smooth bokeh," or condemn one for having unpleasant "edgy" or "ring-like" bokeh, it's meaningless unless they also specify where they're seeing it -- in front of the in-focus plane, or in back.

Portrait photographers logically would want the smoothest out-of-focus areas to be behind the subject, since this will help them subdue distracting backgrounds....​

Only now do I realize what has been meant by the term "bokeh", which I've seen used both here and elsewhere... Used Ranger's link and found this
Bokeh, defocused imaging, is one of the photography-specific techniques, which isolates the main subject by throwing the foreground and background out of focus. It was developed with the emergence of compact-sized, hand-held cameras such as Leica and Rolleiflex.
Hand-held shooting requires higher shutter speeds and often involves use of full-open aperture, which can cause out-of-focus areas in the foreground and/or background of the main subject. To enable expanding the applications to night or indoor photography, the lenses for the compact-size cameras ultimately evolved into ultralarge diameter lens such as the Nikkor 50 mm f/1.1 discussed in Tale Seven. This trend towards larger diameter lens led to the incidental effect of blurring away everything other than the main subject and omitting the foreground and background, which might have helped establish the photographic technique of utilizing bokeh.
Concurrently, an issue relating to defocusing characteristics came up. It addressed the difference between out-of-focus images and/or the quality of defocusing, since out-of-focus areas occupy a large part of photographs taken with a large diameter lens at full-open aperture, and only the main subject is in sharp focus...
here http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/technology/nikkor/n30_e.htm which I found helpful.

Sorry for this aside, but thought it might help the discussion and perhaps also educate someone else like me who has apparently been out of the photo term loop for a while.

Back to your photos, bokeh and all.:cool:

mmjx83

Mu-43 Regular
G1 + Dallmeyer SS 3"

picture.php

mmjx83

Mu-43 Regular
G1 + Minolta 250mm mirror lens
picture.php

Vidar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Taekwondo In A Shopping Mall

Olympus E-P1, adapter + Voigtlander Nokton 35mm 1.4, ISO 200, aperture: 2.0 (?)

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/vidargrov/4298511138/" title="Taekwondo In A Shopping Mall by VidarFoto, on Flickr">
4298511138_ea5244520f_b.jpg
"1024" height="802" alt="Taekwondo In A Shopping Mall" /></a>

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
A couple taken this morning, (Hampshire UK - no sun, dull and overcast), with:
Nikkor_O.C Auto 35mm f2 SLR lens from 1974

G1 - ISO 400 f?

P1000475_Opt.jpg

P1000467_Opt.jpg

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Bill, thanks for this. The Nikon glass always had a special way of dealing with contrast. It's nice to see that it isn't lost with a digicam.
Shooter

mmjx83

Mu-43 Regular
G1 + Minolta 250mm mirror lens

While passing through the wetland I saw this beautiful waterlily. I took the picture using the mirror lens.

picture.php

andyw

Mu-43 Veteran
A few from little old me!

Using an Olympus Zuiko OM 50mm f1.4

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/4234296261/" title="Brighton_Peir_ZuikoSunset11_800pix by andywest1, on Flickr"> View attachment 140902 "800" height="600" alt="Brighton_Peir_ZuikoSunset11_800pix" /></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/4234551209/" title="Brighton_Peir_ZuikoSunset07_800pix by andywest1, on Flickr"> View attachment 140903 "600" height="800" alt="Brighton_Peir_ZuikoSunset07_800pix" /></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/4235069642/" title="Brighton_Peir_ZuikoSunset08_800pix by andywest1, on Flickr"> View attachment 151748 "800" height="600" alt="Brighton_Peir_ZuikoSunset08_800pix" /></a>

chalkdust

Mu-43 Regular
nice shots, andyw. color color color, I really like color. I like B&W too, but I really like color as you gave us here. I enjoy just staring at it.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Near &quot;Playland&quot; outside of NYC, NY, USA
That's my lens - or one just like it.:smile: Our daughter has it now along with my OM-1 down at her college. Glad to see it works so beautifully for you! Nostalgia is setting in...and I really do want to try it out on my E-P2 soon.

mmjx, your photograph is quite something - the water lily's elegance is so clear. I am little thrown by the background and wonder if that was just the background is common for that length of lens? Not meaning to be negative but for me the background makes me a bit queasy, otherwise the water lily is really lovely.

rst

Mu-43 Regular
Here is one where I used a friends AF-Nikkor 80-400. For this image iirc I used 300mm at f5.6. Exposure time was 1/125 sec at ISO 400 with the G1. I did not use a tripod but I used a railing.

And since there are also some discussions going on about how usable a mFT camera is at higher ISO - at ISO 400 here is the noise and detail you can expect. This is a 100% crop:

Cheers
rst

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Wow, fantastic detail rst... thanks for sharing.

Can you remember what focal length you were at for this shot? Nice colour too. :thumbup:

Cheers

Brian

rst

Mu-43 Regular
... Can you remember what focal length you were at for this shot?
Ah, I forgot to mention, this was at around 300mm. Pretty long for someone usually not using tele lenses. What really counted at this long focal length was the missing mirror shake.

Cheers
rst

nTo

Mu-43 Regular
i think this picture is really beautiful...the colours and lighting...just like a painting...! cheers!

Nice shot Atto, thanks...

My favourite adapted lens is the Hexanon 57mm f1.2.

This is an image taken on the E-3 in live view mode, I'm looking forward to trying the E-P2 with this lens.

E-3 + Hexanon 57mm f1.2
1/100s f/1.2 iso100
View attachment 140921

Cheers

Brian

Latest threads

Top Bottom