Adapted Lens Image Thread

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael

MichailK

Mu-43 All-Pro
xpost from “share birds” thread, mostly copy-pasted:

an 2016 shot, adapted Nikkor 50mm/1.4 Ai-S on an E-PL5, wide open mostly to compensate shooting through a not clean window and a mosquito fine mesh, processed as it was entered in the Olympus contest, under the title, IIRC:

“CLEARED FOR TAKEOFF”
515E201E-841E-4C66-978A-E47C84460FFA.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

and a few moments earlier, IIRC unprocessed (RAWs rendered to jpeg by the Apple ecosystem)

ED8DDA39-E0F1-4847-8C9F-91BE988036E0.jpeg

richardp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Centre of an hibiscus flower
P5210742.JPG

FZuiko 38mm f/1.8 @ f/11 plus 26mm extension rings

blumoon722

Mu-43 Veteran
Angel's trumpet G7 with Vivitar 55mm 2.8 Auto Macro
P1030555.JPG

richardp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for the link.
Most of the discussion seemed to be based on modern lenses not old stuff like the Jupiter.
If I were serious about macro photography I could save up my pocket money and buy a macro lens for £300 or so. But where's the fun in that?
As you say, best to try for yourself so I've ordered more tubes, I'll report back when I get them.??
Two weeks ago I made a comment about magnification and Junkyard sparkle suggested that I get some more extension tubes, so I ordered some. Today they arrived, all the way from Hong Kong in only two weeks! So obviously I had to try them right away.

Firstly here is a shot of my original 26mm Meike tubes plus the 65mm new ones plus my Jupiter 11 135mm on the epl8.
DSCF9906.JPG

Below is a tape measure shot with the above set up. As you can see, approx 25mm appears on the long side of the image; I think that means magnification is ~0.7. Working distance is approx 35cm.
P5230765.JPG

For comparison, that is the same magnification I got with the F Zuiko 38mm and the original 26mm tubes when I took the Hibiscus shot in Thursday's post above, but working distance was only 5cm.

I added the new tubes to the F Zuiko (so that's 91mm tubes on a 38mm lens) and took another tape measure shot. As you can see there's now 7mm along the long side of the image which I think means 2.5 times magnification. But working distance is only 2cm.
P5230766.JPG

So far so good. I'll try to take and post some more interesting shots when the sun comes out!!

Last edited:

richardp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard
A couple of shots taken with the above set-up. It's pretty windy today so I had to bring some greenery indoors, both at f/4 to keep shutter speed fast....results not that great but I suspect might be better with better lighting, either sunlight or flash.
P5240769.JPG

Aphids on a rose stem

P5240771.JPG

Camera shy ladybird

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
I’m not certain. Depends on what drugs you might be utilizing. Yes it is cross posted. I studied the photo this morning and was intrigued with the star burst produced by the shutter blades. Thought it a nice example of the lens’ capabilities.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
I’m not certain. Depends on what drugs you might be utilizing. Yes it is cross posted. I studied the photo this morning and was intrigued with the star burst produced by the shutter blades. Thought it a nice example of the lens’ capabilities.
Unfortunately, not doing as many drugs as I would want to ?

Damn this Covid-19 thing! International trade completely out of whack. Borders closed.

And, worst of all, no ice hockey championship!
And my team was for sure going to win the Swedish National Championship this year!

Damn this Covid-19 thing! No hockey, no illicit drugs. This whole situation could drive someone to drink!

But, it's a nice picture. And, a nice starburst!

Last edited:

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
Unfortunately, not doing as many drugs as I would want to ?

Damn this Covid-19 thing! International trade completely out of whack. Borders closed.

And, worst of all, no ice hockey championship!
And my team was for sure going to win the Swedish National Championship this year!

Damn this Covid-19 thing! No hockey, no illicit drugs. This whole situation could drive someone to drink!

But, it's a nice picture. And, a nice starburst!

??

Glennn

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Glen

Phil.H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Helios 44-2 58mm @f4.

P6010053_DxO.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom