Adapted Lens Image Thread

Good Evening,

One from a short time ago in the kayak; Belted Kingfisher. Used the Canon FDn 500mm f4.5L on a gimbal mount attached to the top deck of one of my kayaks. This was a heavy crop as these birds are very skittish; shot from about 200 feet away. That is dinner firmly trapped in its' beak...:drinks:

Regards,

Edd

FDn500mm f4.5L - 1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good Afternoon,

I decided to try out my new-to-me Metabones EF to MTF adapter, starting with the M1.1, and found out quickly BIF with C-AF is a lost cause. The adapter is spot-on in S-AF with the Canon EF glass, which I'm happy about, for portraits, still life and landscape. Going to try perched birds and "slow movers" over the next few weeks. Anyway, while kayaking last evening, I captured a lone Osprey with the M1.1 and an EF200mm f2.8L up front; it was heading out with dinner...these are very heavy crops.

Regards,

Edd

Osprey-1.jpg
Opsprey-2.jpg
Osprey-3.jpg

Real Name
Karen
I am making my very first adapter using a C mount adapter as my starting point. I am not sure if all C mount adapters are the same profile or not. This is the only one I have.

From my calculations the red X, in the photo below, marks the plane for the C mount flange distance and the blue X marks the plane for the m4/3 flange distance. Is that correct? I want to be sure I am measuring from the right place to calculate the correct length of my adapter (M42 to M4/3) which should be 26.2mm.

There is also a tiny little screw on the m4/3 part of the adapter. Shown on the black adapter below. What is that tiny screw for? Is it used to snug up an adapter? If so how does it work?

I hope this is the correct place to be asking questions like this? I couldn't find another thread that I thought was appropriate.
Thanks

IMG_2013.jpg
IMG_2016.jpg

Real Name
John
Canon FD 35mm 1:2 S.S.C. on G7
Angel's trumpet
P1030669.JPG

Real Name
Richard
I am making my very first adapter using a C mount adapter as my starting point. I am not sure if all C mount adapters are the same profile or not. This is the only one I have.

From my calculations the red X, in the photo below, marks the plane for the C mount flange distance and the blue X marks the plane for the m4/3 flange distance. Is that correct? I want to be sure I am measuring from the right place to calculate the correct length of my adapter (M42 to M4/3) which should be 26.2mm.

There is also a tiny little screw on the m4/3 part of the adapter. Shown on the black adapter below. What is that tiny screw for? Is it used to snug up an adapter? If so how does it work?

I hope this is the correct place to be asking questions like this? I couldn't find another thread that I thought was appropriate.
Thanks

View attachment 887130 View attachment 887135
Hmm
I'm not sure you're going to get c mount experts looking at this thread very often. You had a discussion going on the Pentax auto110 70mm thread a while back, might be a better place to get feedback.

Good Morning,

Cross-post from "Show Birds"

Goldfinch taken with MF Canon FDn 300mm f2.8L, on an E-M1, at f2.8

Regards,

Edd

GF-1.jpg
GF-2.jpg
GF-3.jpg

Good Evening,

The photos of the Fiddlehead Ferns were taken with a MF Tamron SP 90mm f2.8 Adaptall II lens. I have used this on FF and film cameras; pleased with the OOF rendering.

Regards,

Edd

FH-1.jpg
FH-2.jpg

Glennn

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Glen
I came to a realization on my photo walk this morning. So far this year I've probably used my adapted lenses more then the native ones. Its at the point that I just refer to them as..... lenses. I may move away from this thread and post my images in threads of the appropriate topic as I dont generally like cross posting. Using the adapted lenses has forced me to pay much closer attention to focus and settings, and it has helped me quite a bit.

But in the meantime.
Sears 50mm F1.7.... and a cross post
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kYze7L]
51179677732_ef1c9f1bef_c.jpg
Manasquan Reservoir 5/15/21 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr[/URL]

Last edited:

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
Admiral M42 200mm f3.5

Admiral200_5250066BW.jpg

Processed from .ORF via Silver Efex2 and PS Elements Shot @ f11

Glennn

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Glen
Sears 50mm f1.7
EFC460FC-1114-4824-BFF1-AFF2617363DF.jpeg

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
Auto Rikenon "P" 28mm f2.8.

I don't know how good an image this is, but I keep looking at how well the lens reproduced the range of tones in the scene. I need to test it out on more critical subjects and also see how it does with colors, but this seems pretty sharp to me.

AutoRikenon28_5250105BW.jpg

Auto Rikenon 28/2.8 @ f5.6. B&W conversion via Silver Efex2 Pro.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
OM 200mm f4

Veronica "Tissington White"
2105-52 EM10:3-OM200.jpg

Peek-a-blue :D
Iris just popping theirs heads up over my fence.

2105-53 EM10:3-OM200.jpg

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
8-Element Super Takumar 50/1.4. Apolgies if you see this cross posted to the "showcase" thread.

STak8E_6080113C.jpg

Super Takumar 50/1.4 @ f2.0.

Good Evening,

Cross-post from Adapted Lens Showcase:

Tried out my EF300mm f4L (non-IS version) today with the Kipon EF-MFT electronic adapter. It does work well for AF-S (my Metabones does not work with this old lens).

Regards,

Edd
NGBH-1.jpg

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom