Adapted Lens Image Thread

connloyalist

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Christine
I took delivery of a Canon FDn 135mm 2.8 today. Took some (boring) test shots of an apartment building which is about 715 meters away. At aperture 2.8 pretty soft. 4.0... better, but still quite soft. But 5.6 and 8.0 blew me away. To my eyes very sharp. I made a 100% crop compilation (I have a better one, but it shows the balcony of an inhabited apartment and I am not sure it's a good idea to post that here).

Regards, Christine

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

To fight an urge of acquiring a new lens, I tried a simple method recently. Took one of my least appealing lens and tried to tweak it to give some added punch. This Color-Revuetar-S lens was very low in contrast and had a lot of glow. So I took it apart and put an iris diaphragm with square aperture placed just after the negative meniscus inside the triplet.

Now the lens is sharper with a square bokeh - but definitely slower than original f2.8. Here is a sample image after the tweak.

P1003151_Revuetar_C_small.JPG

Zman

Mu-43 Veteran
Bored and playing around again. Saw this on Flickr so I wanted to try it.
Mir 1B 37mm lens with front element reversed. The best pics I saw were taken at night with background lights. That'll be next.

rloewy

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ron

Sigma Pantel 135mm 2.8 w/speed booster

acnomad

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Andy
Takumar 50mm f/1.4

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Chrome
To fight an urge of acquiring a new lens, I tried a simple method recently. Took one of my least appealing lens and tried to tweak it to give some added punch. This Color-Revuetar-S lens was very low in contrast and had a lot of glow. So I took it apart and put an iris diaphragm with square aperture placed just after the negative meniscus inside the triplet.

Now the lens is sharper with a square bokeh - but definitely slower than original f2.8. Here is a sample image after the tweak.

View attachment 765247
Lovely! The square bokeh is amazing.

Lovely! The square bokeh is amazing.
Thanks. In the past I tried to leverage inherent low contrast and halo in this lens by choosing a pale subject with high key rendering as in the image below. But then I wanted to go beyond that and try something more adventurous like a lens tweak. With this triplet lens it seemed a safe proposition.

Hibiscus in pastel - II by Achin Chitrakar, on Flickr

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Chrome
Last edited:

Peadingle

Mu-43 Regular
Pentax PK 24mm

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom