1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Adapted C-mount lenses with large image circle: anybody using these?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by gnarlydog australia, Sep 7, 2016.

1. gnarlydog australia

gnarlydog australia Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Damiano Visocnik
  2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Hi,
    There's some threads here on the Fujinan's...
    Note there are multiple versions, possibly with different coverage and sharpness iirc.

I've also seen at least one recent mention of a generic 25mm CCTV lens.
    There was an image thread in 'travel' and the poster mentioned the lens when I asked what it was.
    It was completely obvious to me that it wasn't a common native lens, the edges were a mess. But i know you might not mind ;)

3. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
  4. gnarlydog australia

Feb 23, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Damiano Visocnik
    I am familiar with Fujinan (Fujian) in 35mm that is very small in size and barely covers the sensor with great distortion on edges: I bought one for my girlfriend, in PINK! :inlove:
    Images are very "arty"... I am now looking for something a bit more "conventional"

The APS-C 35mm lens seems much bigger and possibly sharper/less distortion?

• Like Like x 1
  5. EdH

EdH Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 14, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Ed
    I wonder if this lens is related:

Meike 35mm f/1.7 Lens Review

It actually comes in M4/3 mount, but it is a 35mm f1.7 designed for APSC coverage. It's cheap too.

6. gnarlydog australia

Feb 23, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Damiano Visocnik
    hmmm, the body looks different but who says that the glass elements aren't just housed in a more attractive barrel?
    Dang, at the price of a half-decent meal one would be very tempted to try one.
    While I do have enough Zuiko and Panasonic glass, none of those lenses are true manual focus and preset aperture where I can really judge the DOF/bokeh before I shoot.
    When I photograph closer subjects I prefer (by a long shot) manual glass and no matter how many times I try to make my native focus-by-wire work I just end up frustrated to quickly mount back on the camera my adapted lenses .

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. EdH

EdH Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 14, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Ed
    I'm also half tempted to get one, but although it's pretty damn cheap, it's more than I usually spend on mf lenses!

I'm very happy with my AF native lenses, and they're what I usually use for photographing my children. They don't sit still for long and their mother can get frustrated too if I spend too long over a shot when we're out and about! However, I really enjoy slowing it down and taking my time considering, composing and manually focussing a shot. I seem to get much more satisfaction to from it.