Ad-free App

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by getoutandshoot, Jun 13, 2014.

1. getoutandshoot

getoutandshoot Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello. I just updated my mu-43 app on my iPhone and iPad. I noticed ads; not sure if they are new or they were always there. Ads bug me. Is there a ad-free version?

Thanks for working hard to make a nice app.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43
  2. peter124

peter124 Mu-43 Regular

• Like Like x 1
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    There are a couple separate issues here.

1) The Mu-43 app for iPhone and iPad is based on the Tapatalk forum app. I originally paid the developer to create these for members because Tapatalk was a paid app. Now that Tapatalk is free and gives the same functionality, I am discontinuing the Mu-43 apps. It just doesn't make sense for me to pay a high monthly fee to make an app available that people can use for free. You can find Tapatalk in the App Store and access Mu-43 through that.

2) I've improved the mobile site to the point where I and others prefer it to both the app as well as to Tapatalk. If you visit our website from your phone, it should load the mobile version automatically. To load the mobile version on an iPad, choose "Mu-43 Mobile" from the style chooser dropdown menu on the far bottom left corner of any page. For the regular website or the mobile website, subscribing members do not see ads.

3) Those using our app or Tapatalk will see ad banners. There are two ways to get rid of the banners in those apps. One way is to be a subscribing member, and the other is to pay Tapatalk to be a VIP. If I understand correctly, those who use the pay version of Tapatalk don't see ads on any sites accessed through Tapatalk. Those who donate to become a subscribing member on this site won't see ads for Mu-43 via Tapatalk but will see ads in other forums accessed via Tapatalk.

Let me know if any other questions, thanks.
    • Like Like x 1