Ad / Alert spam from Olympus Image Share 2.4 on Android

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
My Android phone just made an alert noise, and the only new notification had the same icon as Olympus Image Share (2.4), with Japanese text next to the icon... I tapped on it, and it opened the Android web browser, taking me to
http://olympus-imaging.jp/product/compact/1s/index.html
which is a Japanese-language page for the Stylus 1s

a. I do not want any spam!

b. there appears to be no way to disable the notifications/spam from within the app; I will try disabling Notifications from the Andoid App Info / settings

c. I do not speak or read Japanese nor have I ever been to Japan.

Is anyone else getting these 'alerts'?

Barry

lightmonkey

Mu-43 Veteran
yeah, not happy about that. i tried disabling auto-start for that app but didnt work. unsavory

zathras

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Chris Nielsen
I got that from the app as well, plus I got an email from Olympus in Spanish the other day, followed shortly afterwards by a very contrite apology email !

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I got that from the app as well, plus I got an email from Olympus in Spanish the other day, followed shortly afterwards by a very contrite apology email !
I got the sorry email but no Spanish email.

D

Deleted member 20897

I got the same, then shortly after received an apology email from Olympus. Seems there was an email blast that went out to "the world" that should not have.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom