Active

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Amin, I would like to suggest that items posted in Active should not include for sale items...rather discussions about mu4/3rds in all the other categories. Just food for thought.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Although I know how you feel, Bill, there are quite a few members out there who like to sell and buy... Not me, of course.:wink:

I believe you can elect not to have to view certain threads, and even forums, via your User Control Panel. I'll check into it when I have the chance and get back to you on the "how to". That way you won't have to avert your eyes. As a matter of fact that option might be helpful to some of our more gear lusty members, as well.:biggrin:

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
OK, here we go. Under Site Information, choose Forum Usage Tips which will bring us to: https://www.mu-43.com/f77/making-forums-work-you-finer-points-486/ and here we go on the "how to"
Members can choose to omit specific forum(s) from their 'New Posts' (show in the blue Navbar above) or 'Today's Posts' (shown in the 'Quick Links' menu in the blue Navbar above) views.

You can do this under User CP > Edit Options - Scroll to the bottom under "Exclude Forums from 'Get New Posts'" and highlight the forums you wish to exclude. Control click (command click on a Mac) to select or deselect forums one by one. Then click on 'Save changes'.

Note that this setting does not affect the threads shown on the 'Active' tab or the 'Recent Discussions' column, which will continue to show all recently active threads. If you really want to make a forum non-existant, use the "Exclude Forums from 'Get New Posts'" as above, collapse the 'Recent Discussions' module in the right column by clicking on the
collapse_tcat.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
, and stay away from the 'Active' tab :wink:.

So the caveat is that the Active tab will always show us ever thread that is active.

I'm afraid that's the best we can do, Bill. Hope this is of some help to you, even if we can't give you what you'd really like.:smile:

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran

Latest threads

Top Bottom