1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Action/Video Cam

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Dayam, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Dayam

Dayam Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2014
    Singapore
    Dave
    Hi Guys,

My wife and I will be going to Bali on April and I was thinking of getting an action/video camera. I'm opting for a low budget cam that I can use at the beach and the pool to take videos but I'm torn between getting an action camera or a "Tough" camera. I can't justify getting the expensive GoPro's as I don't see much use in them. Here are my choices so far (prices are Singapore Dollars):

- GoPro Hero+ (WiFi) (S$290)
    - Sony HDR-AS20 (S$299)
    - Olympus TG-860 (S$398)

All can shoot at 1080p 60fps. I included the more expensive TG-860 as it can serve as an "okay" stills camera compared to the 2 action cameras. However, I'm not sure about the video quality of the Olympus because I can't find much reviews on it.

Any thoughts?

2. specialagenttuna

specialagenttuna Mu-43 Regular

Apr 19, 2013
    Another option would be the GoPro session. Price is now $199. Should do just fine and is waterproof without a case (fine unless you're going diving)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dayam

Dayam Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2014
    Singapore
    Dave
    I just checked the price of the Session here in Singapore and it retails for S$300 now. However, the reviews aren't that good.

I was browsing around and found some brand new TG-850's being sold for below S$270. Considering this as well.