Action/Video Cam

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Dayam, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Dayam

Dayam Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2014
    Singapore
    Dave
    Hi Guys,

My wife and I will be going to Bali on April and I was thinking of getting an action/video camera. I'm opting for a low budget cam that I can use at the beach and the pool to take videos but I'm torn between getting an action camera or a "Tough" camera. I can't justify getting the expensive GoPro's as I don't see much use in them. Here are my choices so far (prices are Singapore Dollars):

- GoPro Hero+ (WiFi) (S$290)
    - Sony HDR-AS20 (S$299)
    - Olympus TG-860 (S$398)

All can shoot at 1080p 60fps. I included the more expensive TG-860 as it can serve as an "okay" stills camera compared to the 2 action cameras. However, I'm not sure about the video quality of the Olympus because I can't find much reviews on it.

Any thoughts?

2. specialagenttuna

specialagenttuna Mu-43 Regular

Apr 19, 2013
    Another option would be the GoPro session. Price is now $199. Should do just fine and is waterproof without a case (fine unless you're going diving)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dayam

Dayam Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2014
    Singapore
    Dave
    I just checked the price of the Session here in Singapore and it retails for S$300 now. However, the reviews aren't that good.

I was browsing around and found some brand new TG-850's being sold for below S$270. Considering this as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.