Act Fast: Olympus 75mm f/1.8 In Stock at B&H Photo

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    This isn't going to last long!

Direct link: <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/867365-REG/Olympus_V311040SU000_M_Zuiko_Digital_ED_75mm.html/BI/1848/KBID/2491/kw/OL7518/DFF/d10-v2-t1-xOL7518" target="_blank">Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm f/1.8 Lens for Micro 4/3 Cameras</a>

[Thanks Zanr Zij]

• Like Like x 1
  2. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    I got mine with a 5% discount from Amazon (and it was before they started charging sales tax in my state) so I think I'll just wait -- 45usd of savings is worth it. (Besides, I've already waited a month and they told me I'd get it by 2nd week of October).

But yes, this will go out of stock soon.

In much the same way, as much as I envy those who ordered from Olympus USA and already have their 60mm macro, the 30usd sales tax savings is worth waiting just a bit longer.

3. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Yeow...still in stock @ 3pm ET...c'mon, folks... :wink:

4. kchau

kchau Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2012
    Seattle
    bah, i wish. i just bought non-camera stuff last week. need to wait :(

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I'm surprised this is still in stock! Ordered mine the moment I saw it in stock today, before posting this thread :p

If anyone needs convincing, head over to the sample image thread for this lens ;).

• Like Like x 2
  6. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Based on what someone said about how many lenses ********** got this time I suspect this round of deliveries is much larger than the last couple. So maybe it is just going to be in stock everywhere now. B&H had a huge pre-order list, so if they cleared that they must have got a whole bunch of lenses.

Ken

7. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    Thank you Amin. I placed the order thru the link. B&H called me later to confirm the order. Everything is cool.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    OK, out me :eek: I ordered from your link immediately & it shipped this afternoon. :2thumbs: :biggrin: :cool:

9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Got mine today. Such a beautiful lens and much smaller than I thought it would be!

• Like Like x 1
  10. curtisls87

curtisls87 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2010
    Los Gatos, CA, USA
    Curt Schimmels
    I ordered mine, yesterday. Only thing is, I will be away next week and won't get to use it immediately when it arrives!
    :(

11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    This is the first time I've ever posted something like "Act Fast" or "This won't last" and been wrong about it :redface:. My B&H contact said this was an "act fast" situation, and he's usually right about these things!

12. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Perhaps he wanted us to act fast so September and third quarter earnings would be as strong as possible...

13. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Lol, that goes without saying, but he knows if he tells me to act fast when there's no need to act fast, it'll go like the boy who cried wolf. I'm not looking to trick anyone into pulling the trigger before they're ready!

14. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    He probably based his recommendation on the crazy strong demand they encountered for some other lenses; the PL 25 f/1.4 comes to mind.

15. stonetape72

stonetape72 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    I ordered mine from ********** via eBay yesterday for $899 - they still have 1 left.

16. SpecFoto

SpecFoto Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    So Cal
    Jim
    Thanks to Amin for the heads up. I was able to snag the 75mm f/1.8 from B&H and the new 60mm f/2.8 macro from **********, both over the weekend.

Am new to mirrorless, but I am way in luv with the OMD. Just awesome system and with these 2 additions I am pretty complete up 75mm. Now were is a M4/3 Oly 150 f/2.8?

Jim

17. henryp

henryp Sponsor

Jan 18, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    Whatever the source said, the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm f/1.8 Lens is currently out of stock.

18. SpecFoto

SpecFoto Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    So Cal
    Jim
  19. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    There are still 4 available at Adorama. I paid 3.12usd for USPS priority shipping to get it by Friday. Damn Amazon taxes.

I had a 5% discount from them and had been patiently waiting to get my lens for a month now. I ordered in August before PA started charging Amazon sales tax. Turns out sales tax is charged at the time of shipping, not when it was ordered. Good thing I found out today and not 2 weeks later.

OM-D, P7-14, mZD12, PL25, mZD75, anxiously waiting for my mZD60 macro