1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

ACR 8.3/PS - no Olympus camera or lens profiles

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by letsgofishing, Feb 16, 2014.

1. letsgofishing

letsgofishing Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 21, 2012
    South Africa
    Mike Kaplan
    In ACR 8.3 under the lens correction tab, there are no profiles for Olympus cameras or lenses - what gives?

Then, if I open the image in PS6, go to Filter...Lens Correction - Olympus Imaging Corp is listed, but under Camera Model, it just shows "All", and under lenses, a list of which none of them are m43 lenses - can you please enlighten me?

In PS6, I also clicked "Search Onlline" - returned with "No online profiles found"....
    The image in question was shot with an EM5 and 12-40 PRO...

Thanks,

Mike

2. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    All m43 lensea that communicate with the camera have corrections in the raw file that are automatically applied by ACR and other programs. No need for them to be in a dropdown that way.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Mu-43 mobile app

3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Because m4/3 requires lenses to be corrected, the profiles are built-in and applied automatically. They're not visible because you're not allowed to disabled them. However, in most cases they don't completely correct distortion, so you may need to apply additional correction yourself if you want 0% distortion.

Third-party profiles do exist, but IIRC you have to search from them using 'Olympus Im' or 'Olympus Imaging' using the Lens Profile Download tool.