Acoustic Alchemy - Show Photos

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Boatman, Nov 4, 2011.

1. We went to the Acoustic Alchemy concert at Tupelo hall last night with some firends. I took the GH2 along with the Panasonic 1.7/20 and my trusty Takumar 1.4/50.

I was more interested in seeing how well the camera did in the natural light stage conditions than documenting the show. I'd say it did very well. Both lenses were plenty fast and I was able to shoot at ISO 400, though I also used ISO 1600. The 1600 is a bit grainy if blown up but otherwise very acceptable. I had no particular problems with metering though I did switch to spot metering since the heads right in front of me were blocking about 40% of the images. Focusing with the Takumar was a little tricky. The images are sufficiently sharp for the conditions. I was shooting at about 1/25 to 1/100th and the guys on stage were NOT standing still! Great music.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    You got some really good results there, notwithstanding those annoying folks who insist on standing the entire time at concerts. :smile:

I attended Roger Waters' The Wall concert last year, and I really wished I had a m43 camera back then. I took my Canon S90 (didn't want to drag my DSLR there), and while the results were commendable for a camera with such tiny sensor and super slow zoom lens, I know I would have achieved much, much better results with my E-P3 kit. There was movement blur, highlights were blown out, focus was only so-so, and when I tried to remove the noise, the details got wiped out. Below is one of the better images, but you'll see what I mean.

3. McDark

McDark Mu-43 Regular

Oct 26, 2011
    Love these guys! Pics are awesome.
  4. Acoustic Alchemy

I took a couple of videos too. That and flash photography are against house rules, but what the hey, it's not like I'm going to make bootleg videos!

I shoot videos in 720JPG and frankly can't see much difference between that and 1040HD. And, Picasa can play JPG videos. It can't play 1040HD.

[ame=]Acoustic Alchemy - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=""]Acoustic Alchemy Londonderry NH - YouTube[/ame]