Acorn (Mac pixel-level editor) for $15

GFFPhoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Pixelmator is only 16 bit on a mac pro (strange marketing decision for sure), and I drive an iMac... Acorn says they will do up to 64 bit, so I'm going to try it out. Thanks!

wanderenvy

Mu-43 Regular
Pixelmator is only 16 bit on a mac pro (strange marketing decision for sure), and I drive an iMac... Acorn says they will do up to 64 bit, so I'm going to try it out. Thanks!
Are you sure you are comparing the same criteria?

One may be the bit depth of the image file (as in 16 bit TIFF) and the other the bit width of the processor/CPU (as in 64 bit intel Xeon).

There are no 64 bit image files. The human eye can't detect gradations over 14 bit so 16 bit is quite sufficient.

:)

GFFPhoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Are you sure you are comparing the same criteria?

One may be the bit depth of the image file (as in 16 bit TIFF) and the other the bit width of the processor/CPU (as in 64 bit intel Xeon).

There are no 64 bit image files. The human eye can't detect gradations over 14 bit so 16 bit is quite sufficient.

:)
Thanks, I'm probably not comparing the same criteria. Does Acorn edit 16bit?

wanderenvy

Mu-43 Regular
I haven't used Acorn but a google search suggests that it does. The two seem fairly well matched with a few pluses and minuses each.

kwalsh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I was looking for an inexpensive but reasonably powerful pixel level editor that included scripting support. This looks like a good one, thanks for posting the link. Should be a nice lightweight "edit in" option from Lightroom.

As to GIMP - yeah well I certainly never forget it to be sure, have to use it from time to time on my work machine and it, along with KDE and GNOME, is my frequent reminder as to why Linux will never become a practical consumer desktop. Of course most consumers don't have a desktop at all anymore, so that's probably just fine :smile:

Top Bottom