Acme Made Montgomery Street Kit Bag - $10 @ Adorama (used to be $60)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by nublar, May 14, 2015.

1. nublar

nublar Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2013
    SOCAL
  2. errante

errante New to Mu-43

May 24, 2012
    Thank you, I just order one. Always is good to have a backup street bag for your gear.

3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    That's a stylish-looking little bag at a great price. I'm not finding a lot of info about it online, but there are a couple of positive reviews (both mention using it for mirrorless cameras) at B&H. It appears that perhaps the manufacturer has discontinued their camera bag line.

I've already got too many bags sitting around, but even so I'm finding it hard to ignore this apparent bargain. Hopefully it sells out before I give in to the temptation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nublar

nublar Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2013
    SOCAL
    Here's a video on it:

5. joedub

joedub New to Mu-43

May 11, 2015
    Sold out already...

I have too many bags anyway.

6. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Got one! Going on a trip soon. Thanks!

7. nublar

nublar Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2013
    SOCAL
    Showing limited stock as of 10:17 am PST

8. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The strap looks really oddly placed and very uncomfortable and that flap looks like it would make it difficult to quickly swap lenses, etc. I know it is cheap, but for a few bucks more you can get bags with more functional designs.

9. joedub

joedub New to Mu-43

May 11, 2015
    Hmm... I guess I must have looked when they were changing the price....

Not sold out, but the price is $19.95 now

10. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    It arrived yesterday. I don't think I would have been happy with it at $60 but I think it'll have its uses. Agree about the strap, but it's about the size of a shaving kit and I think it'll be good for my camera+zoom+20mm.

11. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    Yup. Got mine too and I agree. It will have its uses. For others' reference, a G7 with a 100-300 will fit easily but doesn't leave much room for anything else.

The factory divider is a fixed size. The first thing I did was to turn the bag inside out and carefully cut out the divider and its flaps completely. The interior of the bag is fuzzy enough to take standard Velcro camera bag dividers, so more flexibility.

12. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Wait a second, OR, how'd you get your hands on a G7 already?

13. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    Typus incompetentus. s/b GX7 :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. tkc9789

tkc9789 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I'm under the impression, from the product demo video, that the divider is a "flex fold" system where you can slide the divider to suit your needs.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  15. nublar

nublar Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2013
    SOCAL
    I haven't figured how to slide it but it does fold out and fold into itself to adjust the size of the compartments. Overall it is a good quality bag with a weird strap and can hold my EM-10 with 25mm f1.4 attached along with a few other mid sized lenses and the battery charger.

16. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    Well, it is either open/fixed size or collapsed and held against the end of the bag. When collapsed, it eats over an inch (measured) of bag space. Not a good idea IMO in a bag this small. But it's easy to cut out and I have ton of conventional dividers with Velcro tabs that provide more flexibility at a lower cost in bag space.

• Like Like x 1