acmaxx screen protector problem (pic)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by atmo, Jan 29, 2013.

1. atmo

atmo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    I got my screen protector yesterday. Put it on fairly easily (one tiny bit of dust under it that I was happy to ignore).

Woke up this morning and took my camera out of my bag. Behold:

Some strange kind of liquid gathering or bubbling under the screen. If I pressure it with my thumb I can kind of pull it around although it mostly returns to how it was after I release.

Has anyone else experienced this with their ACMAXX screen guard?
  2. sokar

sokar Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2011
    I have theses screen protectors on an EP1 and EPM1. Ccasionally my EPM1 will have the same look as yours if it has been in a bag with some pressure against the protective screen. After a day or 2 the protector screen will lift away (straighten or flatten) from the LCD and this will disappear.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. cprevost

cprevost Mu-43 Regular

Oct 31, 2012
    I found the screen protectors to be more aggravating than they are worth. I leave my camera screens naked now and haven't had any issues. If I do get some small scratches it won't be the end of the world. With the pace of improvements the camera will be obsolete long before the screen becomes scratched enough to cause problems.
  4. atmo

atmo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    I have emailed ACMAXX's support address several times over the last week and haven't received a reply to any of my messages. You would think that considering they charge $15 for a piece of plastic they could at least afford decent customer support. Disappointing.
  5. OhWellOK

OhWellOK Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    I have had good luck with applying both MicroSolutions ProGuard and also the way cheaper but similar SOPIGuard HD Ultra Clear screen protectors on my 3 Olympus cameras. Not sure if they make protectors for your EPM1 or not, though? Also MicroSolutions was very good about following up on email questions I had re: product availability.
  6. atmo

atmo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    That would be my third screen protection attempt. Not sure I'm willing to invest that much effort, iteration and money in what should really be a simple thing to accomplish. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
  7. atmo

atmo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    Fixed this by pressing down hard around the edges until it finally lifted away.

ALMANST Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2013
    ON, Canada
    I've been using cell phone screen protectors cut to size and never had any problems.

I'm using matte finish protectors now and love how it handles sunny conditions.