Achromatic Diopter 58mm Screw Mount

PeteS

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Pete Staehling
So I was thinking of a set of extension tubes for Oly M 4:3. It would be used with a long zoom for bugs and so on. After looking into it it seems that maybe an Achromatic Diopter may make more sense. I see a crazy wide range of prices and many models and diopter powers. It would be for a 75-300mm f4.8-6.7 II, so 58 mm threads. Any suggestions on what to buy? I expect to still crop.

PeteS

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Pete Staehling
What lens are you using the nisi on. Is it a good choice for long zooms like the Olympus 75-300mm f4.8-6.7 II? I see the description says "offers the ability to achieve macro-like results with camera lenses that feature focal lengths from 35 to 250mm". If something starts to break down above 250 mm what would be the issue?

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
With a lens that goes out to 300mm you probably only want something like a +1 to +3 dioptre, anything higher just gets too hard to work with.

If you can snag one for a good price, an old Sigma +1.5 and Sony VCL-M3358 +3.3 are both 58mm. I've owned both and can vouch for them.

Stanga

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have been using the Sigma achromatic ones. They can be picked up quite cheaply used on ebay. I checked them out from corner to corner for CA, distortion and vignetting and ended up sticking to them afterwards. I have a 58mm one that I tend to use with the P35-100mm f2.8 and the P14-140mm f3.5/5.6.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
What lens are you using the nisi on. Is it a good choice for long zooms like the Olympus 75-300mm f4.8-6.7 II? I see the description says "offers the ability to achieve macro-like results with camera lenses that feature focal lengths from 35 to 250mm". If something starts to break down above 250 mm what would be the issue?
So far mainly the Panasonic 14-140. I actually purchased both sizes. From memory Allan Walls in his video worked out the strength of both. These are not as strong as say a Raynox, but that is what I wanted, something easy to use and will auto focus well for quick use. I have both Oly macro lenses if I need them.

I have step rings so I can use either with just about all my lenses.

I have the Panasonic 100-300 vII and for my use it is not very good at close up fine detail so dont use these with that lens. The oly 40-150 pro is ok though. Have not tried them with the oly 100-400 yet

Latest threads

Top Bottom