ACDSee Ultimate 10 ?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by jere lee, May 17, 2017.

1. jere lee

jere lee Mu-43 Regular

Oct 6, 2010
    Anyone using this software. It seems very good to me and I am using it. I am just curious as to whether very many others have discovered it and have tried or are using it. I really like it. I have Lightroom, Aftershot Pro 3, Silkypix, and others as well. So far I like this one the best.

2. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    I am using v9 which I find pretty good. No current plans to upgrade, though. @GBarrington@GBarrington is the expert and has done some nice reviews and feature explanations.

3. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Top Veteran

Well thanks for the kind words, but I'm hardly an expert, just a guy who writes well and enjoys writing about post processing. Everyone does Photoshop and Lightroom! I would encourage other users to start a blog about CaptureOne and DXO, the other products need a little love as well! You can find my blog at: Glen Barrington My Dynamic Range

• Like Like x 1
  4. YantaYo

YantaYo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Colorado
    I dumped the Creative Cloud in March and switched to Ultimate 10. Was really hoping OnOne Raw would be my go to program but Ultimate's data management functionality won the day.. I might subscribe to Capture One for its robust photo editing capabilities for select files, export as tiffs and manage in Ultimate. I will continue to use DXO and OnOne for select photo editing and manage in Ultimate. The one thing Ultimate lacks is training resources

5. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Top Veteran

Unfortunately most graphics products don't have the amount of training resources that Adobe has and which are supported by 3rd party resources. However ACDSee Systems,the company, has gotten a lot more serious about this part of the product. There are videos on YouTube and on the ACDSee site. ACD Systems - Photo Editing Management Software. (That link won't come in correctly! go to htt p:// w w - w . acd -sys -tems . com / en / community - you'll need to get rid of the spaces and the dashes! I give up! send me a PM and I'll get you the address!) The information is out there, but you do need to search a bit for it.

Also, the ACDSee user's forum is an excellent resource where you can contact experienced users. This is where I go when I have a problem. The people there are polite and helpful. It isn't a closed 'old boys' club. Forums - ACD Systems International - ACD Systems International

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  6. YantaYo

YantaYo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Colorado
    The ACDSee first Ultimate 10 for beginners part 1: Manage Mode was horrendous. I cannot believe they have not redone it. Almost made me not to buy the products. Luckily episodes after that have improved, though.