ACDSee Ultimate 10 ?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by jere lee, May 17, 2017.

1. jere lee

jere lee Mu-43 Regular

Oct 6, 2010
    Anyone using this software. It seems very good to me and I am using it. I am just curious as to whether very many others have discovered it and have tried or are using it. I really like it. I have Lightroom, Aftershot Pro 3, Silkypix, and others as well. So far I like this one the best.

2. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    I am using v9 which I find pretty good. No current plans to upgrade, though. @GBarrington@GBarrington is the expert and has done some nice reviews and feature explanations.

3. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Top Veteran

Well thanks for the kind words, but I'm hardly an expert, just a guy who writes well and enjoys writing about post processing. Everyone does Photoshop and Lightroom! I would encourage other users to start a blog about CaptureOne and DXO, the other products need a little love as well! You can find my blog at: Glen Barrington My Dynamic Range

• Like Like x 1
  4. YantaYo

YantaYo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Colorado
    I dumped the Creative Cloud in March and switched to Ultimate 10. Was really hoping OnOne Raw would be my go to program but Ultimate's data management functionality won the day.. I might subscribe to Capture One for its robust photo editing capabilities for select files, export as tiffs and manage in Ultimate. I will continue to use DXO and OnOne for select photo editing and manage in Ultimate. The one thing Ultimate lacks is training resources

5. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Top Veteran

Unfortunately most graphics products don't have the amount of training resources that Adobe has and which are supported by 3rd party resources. However ACDSee Systems,the company, has gotten a lot more serious about this part of the product. There are videos on YouTube and on the ACDSee site. ACD Systems - Photo Editing Management Software. (That link won't come in correctly! go to htt p:// w w - w . acd -sys -tems . com / en / community - you'll need to get rid of the spaces and the dashes! I give up! send me a PM and I'll get you the address!) The information is out there, but you do need to search a bit for it.

Also, the ACDSee user's forum is an excellent resource where you can contact experienced users. This is where I go when I have a problem. The people there are polite and helpful. It isn't a closed 'old boys' club. Forums - ACD Systems International - ACD Systems International

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  6. YantaYo

YantaYo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Colorado
    The ACDSee first Ultimate 10 for beginners part 1: Manage Mode was horrendous. I cannot believe they have not redone it. Almost made me not to buy the products. Luckily episodes after that have improved, though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.