Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Hypilein, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if or when the GX80 will be supported by ACDSee? It's not listed in the compatible raw formats and it's been out for a while now. Any hints would be appreciated.
  2. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

Well, I do know that The new versions (ACDsee, ACDSee Pro, and ACDSee Ultimate), are due out between late September and late October of each year. We are getting close enough to that time that it is entirely possible that any new camera support will be added to that release rather than being added to the current version. (I'm not an employee and I have no special knowledge, I'm just predicting by past behavior).

I know how agonizing that sort of wait is, I've been there. What you might try is trying to change the Model field in the EXIF data to its predecessor model, or a camera in the same family. Sometimes, if there haven't been any/many format changes, you can fake the program out that way. I recall doing that with the E-M10, doing it for PSP X6 and ACDSee Pro 7. If I recall, I changed it to that of 'E-M1'. They took it just fine if I recall.

I just re-checked ACDSee Ultimate 9 and the EXIF Model field is editable. (Make a copy and make the change to the copy as a test! Don't go experimenting with source files!)
  3. panamike

panamike Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 5, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    Would converting the files to DNG via adobe converter work for now.
  4. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    Ah, if they would only update the following version that would suck so much. I'm not asking for my self but I recommended ACDSee because it was cheaper than stand alone lightroom. If my GF now has to buy the upgrade it's going to be my fault :dash2:. She hasn't got the camera yet, so we'll see what's happening, but thanks for the advice.
  5. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    I do not know about ACDSee but it think the GX80 raw files are just "standard" Panasonic raw files. So they should work except for a custom base curve and some color tuning.
    If you have ACDSee you may download a GX80 raw file from a review site and see what it looks like and if you can choose a custom base curve from another camera.
  6. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

Ah well, no good deed goes unpunished. Well if it's any consolation, ACDSee has been aggressively creative when it comes to ACDSee Pro and Ultimate features for the last couple of years, and I suspect that V10 will have some cool new features. You might be able to spin the upgrade as something she is going to want anyway.

Most women see through that sort of thing, but are too kind to shatter YOUR illusions.
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1