1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Accura Fisheye... Yea, I Bought One...

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by SCT, Nov 4, 2011.

1. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    Problem though... what mount is this? I thought it was M42 so I bought an 42-m4/3 adapter.... FAIL.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Weird..never heard of those.

3. macjansson

macjansson Mu-43 Regular

Jan 7, 2011
    Sweden
  4. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    It may be a T-mount. T-mount adapters were available for most slr's back in the day. The thread is close to M42 but different. I believe there are t-mount to m4/3 adapters available now. Or you could find a t-mount to whatever legacy adapter you're already using.

5. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Yes t-mounts were the same 42mm diameter as the M42 screw-mount but the T and T2 mounts had a different thread pitch.
    Hmmm , can you show more photos of the lens? because there's a possibility its something else but i want to be sure b4 i talk about it.

6. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    Added a couple more pics to the OP.

7. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    I just checked the specs for T/T2 mounts. The older T-mount is held on with set screws. The T2-mount is 42mm with a .75mm pitch. M42 is 42mmx1mm pitch. In other words the T2 has a finer thread. All the T-mounts I have have a threaded insert (the T2 part) held in place by set screws (the T part).

By the way T stands for Tamron.

8. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Ok thanks, This is exactly what i thought it was. Its not a T-mount lens. It is the possibility something else, i mentioned... lol
    Its and Add on lens converter. It screws into the filter of a prime lens. It originally came with a few strong flat metal disks in different filter sizes. I see you have one on there now . If you use a spanner wrench in to the two metal holes you can remove it. When these are sold used they are often without the extra filter adapters. I guess you can just used a step filter adapter ring. That is what most people do i have read. So lets say you have a 50mm prime lens with a 55mm diameter filter ring. Well assuming that is a 55mm filter thread on it , all you do is screw it to the filter of your 55mm lens, set your prime lens to f/8 and focus to infinity then set the fish eye adapter to the lens focal length you are using. That would be the green numbers on the side, align the red dot to the green 55 and you focus with the adapter. I once used one like this for my 35mm film camera. It Vignetted quite a bit on the 35mm film camera so it should cover all of the four thirds sensor. Although i prefer my fish-eye shots to produce a circular image.
    I always wondered about using something like this on my G1 and i guessed that if i set the converter to half the actual focal length that it would have that keyhole effect.

I hope you have a nice legacy lens to screw this onto , because i wouldn't trust this heavy thing hanging off one of the plastic micro four thirds lenses out there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SCT

SCT Mu-43 Regular

Mar 8, 2011
    Landover, MD, USA
    I have a Minolta 50mm f/2 that has a 49mm diameter filter ring. I forgot to add that the fisheye came with a 49mm Tiffen adapter. Got it to mount :)

I'll see if I can get some test shots up.

10. robertro

robertro Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 22, 2010
    I have a copy of this (also available branded Soligor and Samigon and possibly others) 1960's add-on lens.

Going by memory, this lens works quite well with a Tamron 28mm f2.5 lens, providing an almost circular fisheye view and with a Konica 40mm f1.8 it covers roughly a full-frame fisheye. On the kit zoom, it's a write off, with a very small image circle.

It has an aperture mechanism built in, and you leave the main lens wide-open, and stop down the add-on lens for best image quality.

11. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Wonderful, have you had any time to take some test shots yet?