1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Accidental Autofocus magic

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by binch_, Aug 21, 2011.

1. binch_

binch_ Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 20, 2011
    Scotland
    I'm relatively new to this photography game and so far I'm absolutely love it! The G3 does everything I need, and, combined with my 20mm or my 45-200mm, I have developed an acute 60+ photo a day habit.

Though my more complicated shots are getting better over time, I can't help but love the ultra-easy, ultra-automated accidental shots my G3 coughs out daily:

The autofocus accidents...

image-744835198.

Morning cider :-(

image-3436404376.

Taybridge

image-1233295650.

The Dundee Law

image-1908804149.

4 second exposure of an apple rolling down my hall with a strobe light. Autofocus accident saves the day: the rest were gash...

image-1410730278.

• Like Like x 4
  2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    At least in the first one, it wasn't an "accident" - the cider is in focus and you(?) are out of focus due to Depth of Field.

If you are just getting started, I would suggest picking up a copy of "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Petersen

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Put a huge vignette around those accidental shots & they would work well in the world of Lomography :smile:

4. binch_

binch_ Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 20, 2011
    Scotland

That first one WAS an accident and a pivotal moment in my photography life... Camera set to intelligent autofocus, shot without thinking ...... --> suddenly realising "my camera knows loads more about photography than I do!"..."I should probably learn how to use this beast to it's full potential"
    I like to think I'm more clued up now but I still get relatively frequent "bugger it... I'll just use the iA button" moments of greatness...

image-1242264009.

will look into the book you recommend. Thanks for the tip

5. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    power kite!

heres an iphone one of my niece just before i had to grab her out of the air

juuj.

6. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Very Cool. Never flown a power kite, but I do fly stunt kites. Excelent image.