Accidental Autofocus magic

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by binch_, Aug 21, 2011.

1. binch_

binch_ Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 20, 2011
    I'm relatively new to this photography game and so far I'm absolutely love it! The G3 does everything I need, and, combined with my 20mm or my 45-200mm, I have developed an acute 60+ photo a day habit.

Though my more complicated shots are getting better over time, I can't help but love the ultra-easy, ultra-automated accidental shots my G3 coughs out daily:

The autofocus accidents...

Morning cider :-(

The Dundee Law

4 second exposure of an apple rolling down my hall with a strobe light. Autofocus accident saves the day: the rest were gash...

• Like Like x 4
  2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    At least in the first one, it wasn't an "accident" - the cider is in focus and you(?) are out of focus due to Depth of Field.

If you are just getting started, I would suggest picking up a copy of "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Petersen
  3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Put a huge vignette around those accidental shots & they would work well in the world of Lomography :smile:
  4. binch_

binch_ Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 20, 2011

That first one WAS an accident and a pivotal moment in my photography life... Camera set to intelligent autofocus, shot without thinking ...... --> suddenly realising "my camera knows loads more about photography than I do!"..."I should probably learn how to use this beast to it's full potential"
    I like to think I'm more clued up now but I still get relatively frequent "bugger it... I'll just use the iA button" moments of greatness...

will look into the book you recommend. Thanks for the tip
  5. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    power kite!

heres an iphone one of my niece just before i had to grab her out of the air

6. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Very Cool. Never flown a power kite, but I do fly stunt kites. Excelent image.