1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Accessory Grips

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by VinVin, Oct 17, 2011.

1. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Hi everyone, I was wondering if you guys knew where I could find a grip similar to this one: Google Translate

Hopefully it's either online or North America based.

Thanks,

Kevin

2. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Hi Kevin.. that is pretty dramatic.. Looks like a Fuji Instant Camera at WalMart.. LOL

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Psh, just upgrade to the E-P3 so you can buy these new premium grips from the factory... ;)

olympus-pen-ep3-lens-cap.
    olympus-pen-camera-grip.

• Like Like x 1
  4. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    haha I'm just waiting for my E-P3 to get to the Henry's I ordered it at. It's been about a week and no news yet. But those grips... the original grip I like more than these premium grips... other than the faux cf one haha

But seriously, the reason why I wanted to get a grip like that is because I want something that looks like this for my E-P1: Leica M9-P Red Leather Special Edition | FreshnessMag.com

5. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Hey Doug, yeah but I dunno... there's a bit of an appeal there for me... I don't like the grooves though haha.

6. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    the link you gave shows a sold price of 59000 yen which is about $800. What a deal only $100 less then the camera, oh and that doesn't include shipping.Might be cheaper to have a custom one made. Can't imagine paying that much to make my camera obtuse, and so much for keeping m43 smaller than dslr.

7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    My problem with the grip is that it makes a small camera bigger. I like the size of my E-P1 and don't want it to be bigger.

8. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    The site was a Korean site and the price was 59,000 Korean Won, which is roughly US$50. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  9. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    To tell the truth, if you look at the size of that grip it doesn't really make a huge difference in size. I just like to have the option of having a grip similar to the leica one I linked to. It's true, it is a personal preference and my personal preference has led me to come ask if anyone else knows where I can buy one not on the other side of the planet.

And yes haha it's like USD$51 and not USD$800. Won and Yen are very different currencies.

10. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Well I stand corrected...its sorta cheap and ugly.

11. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Yes..whatever you may like..:) maybe not as bad as I envisioned..

12. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    ^^Hmm... I recall my mother telling me sometime in my childhood that when I have nothing good to say (that is, nothing constructive anyways) then I should generally keep my mouth shut.

Anyways, my E-P3 just came in so perhaps I will look to OEM grip replacements for that.

haha thanks doug. I don't think I'm going to order it either way though since I just want something that looks like that Leica's accessory grip and not really the one in my original post.

Thanks everyone!

13. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    ive got the bigger black grip from oly
    its wonderful with a wrist strap
    super easy to fingertip hold while you walk around, and great when holding it for a photo

• Like Like x 1
  14. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    I will look into that :D Thanks!

15. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    np
    i had gotten used to the original one, and liked its look... but then i got the bigger one and it just felt so much better!

good luck! hope you enjoy it if you get one!
    try a local shop and see if they have one you could screw on as a test?

16. ke7dbx

ke7dbx Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    What is odd. I found a old flash bracket almost like this at the Salvation Army. It fits my EP3 like a glove. The biggest difference. It is a full handle other then a half of one like this one.