Accessories/pouch for PM2 + 20mm "P&S"

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by tjdean01, Jun 13, 2013.

1. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    I have a couple cheap zooms and legacy lenses for the PM2 and use is as a normal DSLR with a larger bag. But now that I bought the 20mm pancake lens this is going to occasionally double as my P&S when I get the perfect pouch!

Bag/pouch: I'm sure this has been discussed to death, but I haven't really found the ultimate perfect fit bag (needs soft inside and loops for strap). I did find this LowePro Rezo 60 (shown with Canon G5). Think she'll fit in there snugly without the lens catching every time I pull it out? Also, doesn't the 14mm lens cap fit, which is slimmer?

20mm hood: Any recommendations? I don't know if rubber or plastic is recommended or if any fold back over the lens (I'd probably use the larger bag when using a hood so it doesn't matter). With the hood on I'll need a pinch lens cap, right? Any recommendations for that?

Macro: is there a filter I could buy that would make this focus closer than 20cm? Similarly, if I buy such a macro filter or polarizer, the lens cap would still fit, right?

Back lens caps: seems like a dumb question but the lens cap that came with the 40-150mm does not fit on the 14-42mm and vice versa!

Sorry for all the questions. I ask because I know a lot of you can answer these easily without me having to spend hours looking things up! Thanks!
  2. mzd

mzd Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2010
    i've been pretty happy with the Lowepro Adventure Ultra Zoom 100 as a small, simple case with my GF1/20mm combo.

has small pockets for an extra battery & two SD cards. the opening is nice and big so you never snag anything.
    i can fit the GF1 (or GX1), the 20mm, and the Oly 45mm in. it is a bit of a tight fit, but not really a problem. you would definitely be OK with the PM2 and the 20mm + hood.
    actually, i have fit the GX1 with the pany 14-140mm + reversed hood. that is a really tight fit, but again, works for a simple, small bag on the go.
  3. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I can imagine wearing that on a belt. but the shoulder strap would seem to be an awful lot like a purse (and not a "man-purse") :biggrin:
  4. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
  5. mzd

mzd Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2010

Attached Files:

6. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    I have a ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover 10, though if you think it's too big, you could always go with the 5.

Mirrorless Mover 10
  7. gnb40

gnb40 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
  8. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Hah! LOL
  9. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    Well, I found two that should fit it like a glove, both by LowePro: Santiago DV 35 and Rezo 60. Rezo is more of the type of case I like with the foam and an extra pocket but the Santiago is about an inch thinner overall because the material is harder (thus can be thinner & still) and there's no front pocket. But there's not really as much foam on the inside to protect it either. Santiago would definitely need modification IMO, cut off the memory card holder thing inside the pouch. Rezo is fine as is but some people apparently opt to cut the flap off but I think I'd keep it on. Leaning toward the Rezo.

But, for the time being I found the Dashpoint 20 on sale at Best buy for $5. There was only one left and it has the nylon lining instead of the felt material but it will get me by until I can find exactly what I like.

UPDATE: Ooooo, I found this one. Looks really night but perhaps a bit tight, even with the 20mm. Hmmm.
  10. Rudy

Rudy Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    This one:
    Kodak bag

Small with belt velcro attach, but big enough to have space for little extras, including a small separate compartment below.
    Plus, it has the Kodak name on it so no-one will be trying to steal your camera...
  11. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Sure. Now just tape $50 bills to the outside of it to make it even more appealing to thieves. lol.

Seriously, I used to use a bag exactly like that one. I think that was back in the days of the original Digital Pen (ie, pre-Mini days), and I carried it often with the Jupiter-3 which is similar in size to the m.Zuiko 45mm/1.8, before the m.Zuiko lens was available. :) Very convenient size. Best on a shoulder strap, but could be attached to your belt like a fanny pack if necessary.

I still have the bag but don't use it anymore. Instead, I've gone very slightly larger for a 2-lens 50mm/85mm kit with a Mini using this bag (very similar to the Lowepro Streamline 100):