1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Accessing functions in single point AF mode ( gf1 )

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Khiunngiap, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Khiunngiap

Khiunngiap Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2011
    Hi , I tried to check the manual and the net , I have no clue how to do this , wish someone would help me here , thanks in advance .

I prefer to use single point AF mode to focus for my gf1, but I can't do other setting with the four direction buttons ( the white balance , iso , fn , focus mode ) while i am using single point AF mode because those buttons will become directional buttons in single point AF mode.

So is there anyway to access the setting while I am using the single Af mode ?

Ps: currently I am using the AF tracking mode , but still feel annoy about it

2. mick / Lumix

mick / Lumix Guest

Oct 3, 2010
    Simple reason, you must have Direct AF turned on and the direction buttons will only move the AF point. Look in the Menu settings for Direct AF and select Off, direction buttons will now go back to normal.

Method : Press Menu. Move down 3 places (if cursor is at the top) to Custom Menu. Select page 2. Select Direct AF Area. Move right. Select "Off" Press Menu.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mick / Lumix

mick / Lumix Guest

Oct 3, 2010
    Has it worked OK ?

4. jpejar

jpejar Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2011
    Turku, Finland
    Isn't the Q.Menu the exact place to do these other settings? I find it extremely fast to change settings through the q.menu while controlling the af-point with the directional buttons.

5. mick / Lumix

mick / Lumix Guest

Oct 3, 2010
    Your choice. How often do you need to change AF point ? I never use anything but centre AF then recompose.

6. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    X2 way faster than scrolling the AF point around

7. Khiunngiap

Khiunngiap Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2011

I thought i replied already , yes it works , you are rock man. Big saver for me :)

I feel that the Q-menu is so slow to change any kind of settings , and now I could times 2 , times 3 faster to change my setting while I am framing . Especially the white balance :)